April 2011 Moms
Options

getting rid of the soother...and regression in all things

so we were away for a week and DS got sick...we were planning to get rid of the bottle and soother as of this week but now he's been so sick and has been super sleepy and cuddly so i haven't really wanted to make any big changes for him. 

he's been sleeping super crappy too - getting up at 3/4/5 and then 6 for the day...it's been hard on DH and I as well.

he's becoming obsessed with his soother and although i try to keep it only in bed or sometimes in the car he keeps asking for it and as SOON as he sees his blanket he wants his soother (kinda like coffee and cigarettes i imagine! haha)

just wondering any tips for those of you who have gotten rid of it...not sure we can just go cold turkey as he wakes in the middle of the night looking for it and when he puts it back in or we go in and do it he's right back out. i guess we could suffer a few nights and see how that goes... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: getting rid of the soother...and regression in all things

• Options

I have no tips.  But just wanted to say that the horrible stomach bug that we all had set us back on the bottle thing.  He was sooooo sick that the only way to get any fluids in him was the bottle and I was sooooo sick that I wasn't willing to fight it.

Goodluck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"