August 2011 Moms
Options

Jeans! Im about to lose my mind!

Hey ladies,

I need some advice on what jeans to buy. Obviously, after DS was born i quickly realized my body would never be the same. I have always had big hips but now they are even bigger. I am lost in the department store on what will work. I have tried it feels like every brand in the kohls and jcp! Nothing works! My hips are big but my thighs are not as big and my waist is not small either. I have swallowed my pride and even bought some jeans from the plus size dept but the waist is too tight but the bottom and thigh is too big! So what jeans have worked for you if you have a similar body type?

Re: Jeans! Im about to lose my mind!

• Options

I'm hit-or-miss with Tommy Hilfiger. The pair I'm wearing at the moment I bought around 3 years ago, and I'm wearing them until they fall off because they are so awesome. I don't remember what style they are, but they are for big hips. I always go to the Tommy outlet and never pay more than $20. (Not always the most in-style wash/color, but the price is right.)

I also had luck with Gap Curvy, but haven't worn them for awhile.

I have bigger thighs, though, so not quite the same body type.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Old Navy.  They fit me before and they still fit me after.  I just had to go from the "Diva" to the "Flirt" or whatever is stitched in the back of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you tried Kut from Kloth? (I think that's how it spelled) It sounds like we have similar body types and I just purchased two pairs of these and I love them. And they run big so I actually get to size down to my pre-baby size. :) They aren't cheap but I only own two pairs of jeans so I figure I might as well get some that will last.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I suggest that you get some that fit you in the largest part of your lower body and then have them tailored to fit you correctly.  There is no sense in going out of your mind not having a BASIC staple like a good-fitting pair of jeans.  

Good luck!! 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

It sounds like we have a similar body-type. I FINALLY found some that I like. They are the Gap Skinny Jeans. They fit really well on my booty and belly but where my legs slim down a lot they follow.

I've tried it all. For the 20 (ish) months after I had Liam I just used leggings or mat jeans. I broke down and bought a size 16 after I had Jack.

I've been a size 6 and a size 26 before. I would recommend the Gap Skinny's.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you tried Lee Jeans?  They tend to work better on bigger butts and hips.  Lane Bryant jeans also work better on these and they have different shapes too.  I think they're still done by color, meaning red represents one body type, yellow another, etc...  They're the only brand I'm able to get that fit a true hourglass shape with junk in the trunk and have a long enough length (in tall) to work for me.  
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much! Such great advice and places i haven't tried yet! I really appreciate all of your responses!
  • Options
    Go to Macy's immediately. Steer clear of juniors and head to misses. Then, go straight to I.N.C. section and try on a pair from their "curvy fit" line. thank me later. :) 
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"