International Bumpies

Re: So who's NOT

• ...and I just checked out the introduce yourself thread.  I now understand why you posted this question.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oooh, it's been a while since I saw Publius!!

I'm not eather :) but I think you win for distance from the US :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Hi Mouse and Publius, we meet again! 

Not in Canada either :-) 

TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks
    Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks on Nov 27 2012

Lilypie - (kqKn)
  • ::glares at sofamonkey and mrsell:: I know you're lurking!
  • ::raises hand::

Haha - so far no surprises! (in terms of new people and places represented over here, I mean)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imagekelly321:

::raises hand::

Haha - so far no surprises! (in terms of new people and places represented over here, I mean)

Yup, hoping some of the others will make the way over here too :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • I'm not! 
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Me!  

I'm in Germany with my Spanish husband--we moved here about 6 months ago with our daughter.  We lived in Spain before this (well, my husband is from there--the move to Germany is his first big one!). 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Me! I am in Spain with my Spanish DH.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am Canadian, but moved down to New Zealand in July with DH & DD, and expecting #2 in December.  Still can't figure out how to change my location on my siggy.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejp03:
    I am Canadian, but moved down to New Zealand in July with DH & DD, and expecting #2 in December.  Still can't figure out how to change my location on my siggy.

I can't figure this out either.  It was a miracle when I finally got it to say Madrid, Spain instead of North Carolina (it was going off my posted zip code I guess?) and now that I've moved again I can't get it to change again.  Hmph. 

• imageLadyMadrid08:

imagejp03:
    I am Canadian, but moved down to New Zealand in July with DH & DD, and expecting #2 in December.  Still can't figure out how to change my location on my siggy.

I can't figure this out either.  It was a miracle when I finally got it to say Madrid, Spain instead of North Carolina (it was going off my posted zip code I guess?) and now that I've moved again I can't get it to change again.  Hmph. 

TB disabled the location feature so everyone is stuck with what they have (or didn't have). If you want it changed, you have to e-mail an administrator like Bump Kathleen.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I guess I will join in the fun! I am not from Canada, I don't live in Canada and I have never been to Canada, but would love to go there. And one of my favourite people is from Canada, although she lives in the UK now.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm here! (sorry not a new face Smile).

TTC right now, but I'm late this cycle and waiting to test this weekend. Fingers crossed! 

Cape Town, South Africa Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is it me?? crosses fingers that it's me

I'm Canadian bah! You all wish you were as cool as us Canadians! and I'm living in the UK with my Canadian husband currently dying of NHL withdrawal and our 2 year old twin girls. They are Canadian as well, but if you ask them where they are from they say "pixie hollow".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Okay, so I love that I can now post from my iPhone, but can't figure out why my brackets and some punctuation isn't showing up. It's making my posts look like they were typed by a dyslexic bear.
  • imageTofumonkey:
    Is it me?? crosses fingers that it's me I'm Canadian bah! You all wish you were as cool as us Canadians! and I'm living in the UK with my Canadian husband currently dying of NHL withdrawal and our 2 year old twin girls. They are Canadian as well, but if you ask them where they are from they say "pixie hollow".

Were you talking about my post? Because then yes it's you! 

• I'm here! Not a new face too. Nice to see you ladies around.
  • imagePotato Pie:

I'm here! (sorry not a new face Smile).

TTC right now, but I'm late this cycle and waiting to test this weekend. Fingers crossed! 

Exciting!  I have my fingers crossed for you. :) 

• imageLadyMadrid08:
    imagePotato Pie:

I'm here! (sorry not a new face Smile).

Exciting!  I have my fingers crossed for you. :) 

Me too!! 

• imageTofumonkey:
    Okay, so I love that I can now post from my iPhone, but can't figure out why my brackets and some punctuation isn't showing up. It's making my posts look like they were typed by a dyslexic bear.

It's ok, all of my posts look like they've been posed by a dyslexic bear...maybe I should ask my mum who my REAL dad is ;) 

• imageexpatmama:
    Me ... I'm in Scandinavia
    OOOh, where in Scandinavia??? Will you be able to bring us news of the super cool new swedish car seats that come out?
  • imagemanda2814:
    Me .. I live in South Africa. 

Where about in South Africa are you?

I am from SA. I now live in the UK. 

• imagemanda2814:
    imageBlushingMama:

imagemanda2814:

Hi! We're in Joburg. Where you from before moving to the UK? Any plans to come back? 

I was born and bred in Cape Town. Then lived in Florida (USA) for 13 months and then moved to UK 5.5 years ago. We visiting in December, but no plans to move back.

How long have you been in SA?

• imagemanda2814:

Lived here all my life. Joburg, then Durban, back to Joburg. Nice to 'see' another South African around ;) 

I'm not a South African, but I live here! I'm in Cape Town. ::waves::

• Me! I live in Germany!
  • imagemanda2814:
    imageBlushingMama:
    imagemanda2814:
    imageBlushingMama:

imagemanda2814:

Hi! We're in Joburg. Where you from before moving to the UK? Any plans to come back? 

I was born and bred in Cape Town. Then lived in Florida (USA) for 13 months and then moved to UK 5.5 years ago. We visiting in December, but no plans to move back.

How long have you been in SA?

Lived here all my life. Joburg, then Durban, back to Joburg. Nice to 'see' another South African around ;) 

Amazing! I never come across other Saffa's on these boards.

• Me. I am in Dublin, and recognise some names here...I used to post on the IN board on the nest as dubliner...had to create new account because I forgot my log in details. That board seems dead now? 
  • irer, we're all over at https://pandce.****/index.cgi?board=int now. Come join!

manda, I'm from WI, but have been in Cape Town for over two years now. Liking it a lot. Have yet to see Joburg though. 

• Me! I?m in Mallorca. We moved here in the summer of 1999 and have about had our fill.

Hoping to move back to the UK within 18 mths or so.

• imagePotato Pie:

irer, we're all over at https://pandce.****/index.cgi?board=int now. Come join!

manda, I'm from WI, but have been in Cape Town for over two years now. Liking it a lot. Have yet to see Joburg though. 

oh cool, thanks! I was wondering where everyone went. I will try to log in over there. 

• Me, I'm a reverse IN (living in US but originally from the Netherlands).
  • I'm here - YAY for a new board!!!!
  • image101Mims:

Me! I?m in Mallorca. We moved here in the summer of 1999 and have about had our fill.

Wow, I never knew that you were there, I thought you were in Spain! What a nice place to live but I can see how it would get old. 

Where in the UK would you move back to? 

• image101Mims:

Me! I?m in Mallorca. We moved here in the summer of 1999 and have about had our fill.

Any reason why? I am in Madrid.

• imagedulcemariamar1:
    image101Mims:

Any reason why? I am in Madrid.

Hey dulcemariamar1 Big Smile

Don?t get me wrong, the island and the people are lovely and after so many years we speak the lanuguage fluently and live in Palma, not in the expat gehttos of Magaluf and Santa Ponsa.  DH also has a steady job so we cld stay here for many more years, and indeed many folks are saying we are crazy to move back.

But both DH and I have been expats all our lives - me mostly in Brunei and DH in South Korea, so living overseas away from family has for us been the norm.

However, DH and I never really got to know our extended families and any friends we made were always only temporary as they and their families were on a posting of a few months, or maybe a year or two max.

We also really don?t want our children to have the same sort of dilema when answering the simple question : "Where are you from?" - I really can?t answer that and neither can DH. We dont feel that we belong anywhere and have yet to put down any sort of roots in any one place.

So we have decided to move back to the UK so our children can get to know, and feel a part of their family. So they can put down roots, grow up with and go to school with their friends,  and have a place they can call home.

We also want to finally get to know our families, and be a part of family life. DH has a large extended family who adore children. So our children will have others their age or there abouts to play with, and we will have plenty of willing hands to help out with babysitting which will be much appreciated with 2U2!!!

We will surely be coming back to Mallorca for holidays as we have made some true friends here. And coming back for a holiday we will actually be able to enjoy what the island has to offer. Every summer I?m usually working every hour I can, so never get the chance to have a day at the beach, or lazy summer evenings in a tapas bar. I?m looking forward to it already!!

• Not me!

Travel Blog

Little Miss Lulu playing on the beach
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not a Canadian.  Originally from PA in the States and have been living in the UK for almost 6 years with my Greek dh.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"