Dads & Dads-to-be

First Overnight With The Little One!!

So every year my mom's side of the family rents a huge house in Central Wisconsin on a beautiful lake for a weekend reunion. We have been doing this now for over 30 years each fall season, and it has turned into a huge tradition.

This is a first for us as we are bringing a new addition to the mix.  I am really excited about this weekend and introducing my son to a tradition that has been such a huge part of my life. My wife, while excited, is being a good mommy and thinking about every possible thing that could go wrong.

We are bringing the pack n play to use as his bed/crib at night.  We will also bring his boppy and his tummy time activity blanket. Outside of the normal everyday things, what would you dad's bring if you were going away for a weekend with the baby? This is meant to be a fun question, so have a stab at it!

Re: First Overnight With The Little One!!

• Bring some beer. 

Oh wait, you want things to bring for the baby. ... Well bring a list of family members that you trust with holding your child, and those that are ... well questionable. You don't have to write the list down, but definitely keep it in your head as your kid gets passed around. 

• imagealit1030:

Bring some beer. 

As a dad-to-be, this is all I could think of.  Enjoy the weekend!

• Loading the player...
  • imagePrime:
    imagealit1030:

Bring some beer. 

As a dad-to-be, this is all I could think of.  Enjoy the weekend!

There will be PLENTY of drinking done by my Irish clan over that 48 hour period.  Almost scary how much we drink over the weekend. There will be a ladies only bridal shower as well, so time has also been set aside for all the men to go to a bar for a few hours for the groom's party.

And the house we rent is right on a prime golf course, and a skins game will take place on Saturday morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"