January 2012 Moms
Options

Angry biting!!

My little guy is going through a phase where he suddenly gets frustrated and whatever he is holding he bites really, gets beat red, and screams! Immediately after he cries in pain :( I can't decide if I should connect it to teething because he has 8 teeth in already! 

Anyone else have a babe with the same tantrums? What do you do?  

Re: Angry biting!!

• Options

Yes...8!!! Four top, and the fourth bottom just came in last week!! He has never bitten a person or my husband and I, but he really bites down on some toys and he acts and sounds really mad! Fingers crossed that its just a phase...

• Options
    lp0lp0 member

Wow! 8 teeth already! My little guy has two on the bottom and has two coming in on top. He has a little temper on him and will squeeze his fists tight, stiffen his arms, grunt and get really red in the face. It's actually really funny but we try not to let him see us laugh. He has only bitten a couple times out of frustration (unfortunately once it was while he was nursing, ouch!). Simply saying no does not work because he thinks it's funny. I usually sit him down on his butt and say no which works 95% of the time but if he continues to do it then I squish his little cheeks together and say no firmly. I don't do it hard or aggressively nor does it hurt him but it gets his attention enough to distract him and make him stop. We have a friend who lets her son bite (he's two months older than my ds) and we can't even let the boys play together because he lunges at my ds constantly. I have a no biting tolerance so I am really trying hard to get in front of it so it doesn't become a problem.  

It sounds like maybe your ds is having a combination of a little temper tantrum and teething. He could be getting frustrated and when he bites down it hurts so he cries out. I would just continue to say no when he bites and try a distraction technique to draw his attention away from whatever may be upsetting him. 

"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has 8 teeth too, and last week the pedi spotted 3 canines already starting.  They're moving down and the gums are already swollen!  I think this is why he's been cranky lately and has had a runny nose for a week.  He's also biting when angry, as well as hitting!  Not fun.  I just to get his attention, look him in the eye, and give him a firm "no."  Not working right now obviously, but I'm sure he'll eventually understand. 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"