Dads & Dads-to-be

opinion on co-ed baby showers?

Re: opinion on co-ed baby showers?

• Co-ed showers are Ok, with several "rules".

1) There MUST be booze. The mom-to-be can choose no booze since she can't drink, she can choose to go co-ed, but she can't choose both.

2) No games, or at least no compulsory games that require the group's attention.

3) Since we're now in football season, the game must be on somewhere in the house. No complaining when the men all congregate there.

4) There has to be food of substance. Pizza, BBQ burgers, chicken wings, there's a wide range of options, but I know some showers only have finger foods that just won't cut it.

Basically, if it goes co-ed, it just has to feel like a party/bbq.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageLuckyDad:

Co-ed showers are Ok, with several "rules".

1) There MUST be booze. The mom-to-be can choose no booze since she can't drink, she can choose to go co-ed, but she can't choose both.

2) No games, or at least no compulsory games that require the group's attention.

3) Since we're now in football season, the game must be on somewhere in the house. No complaining when the men all congregate there.

4) There has to be food of substance. Pizza, BBQ burgers, chicken wings, there's a wide range of options, but I know some showers only have finger foods that just won't cut it.

I agree with this entirely!!!!

But even then, it would be hard for me to get hyped for a co-ed shower.

• Loading the player...
  • Those are nice rules, but I think I would prefer just having a BBQ with the guys while my wife is at the shower.  Thankfully she has already told me that she doesn't expect me to be there and will push for a non-coed shower.  I didn't even have to ask!

• I attended our baby shower for the gift section only.  If I were invited to go to a co-ed shower, I would hope that the above list was used.  I've also heard of dad only diaper showers where there is some sort of event (usually poker) and the "buy-in" is a small pack of diapers.
  • imageLuckyDad:

Co-ed showers are Ok, with several "rules".

Everything mentioned above....AMEN. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"