LGBT Parenting
Options

How was the weekend?

What was everyone up to?

What was your favorite part of the weekend?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: How was the weekend?

• Options

It rained here all weekend.

Friday we found a special dress up outfit for E.  He was cranky but we powered through.  WHY is there so much dresswear for girls and not boys?  Why?

Saturday we bought pie pumpkins and went over to friends' house.  E took a nap in the afternoon so we finally tackled the stacks of paper on the desk.  It felt so good to control the chaos.  We watched a movie in the evening - what to expect when you are expecting - not that great. 

Sunday we all slept in.  Yahoo for E (and us!)!  Then we took food to friends who have a 1 week old.  We hung out with them for a couple of hours.  Then home to clean up some and have a friend over for football.  DW watched which she does not normally do, so that was cool.

The best part?  E signed "more food" - so flippin cute.

• Options

Fri: My mom picked up Ky so I went straight home from work. I was immediately sent to the hardware store and to pick up dinner by my dada nd all of the guys working on the garage roof. Ky stayed there and played with my nephew and mom. Everyone was up late working on the roof and my brother and nephew ended up staying over.

Sat: Up early to make breakfast for everyone coming over for the roof. Ky woke up and had apparently slept through a nosebleed. She looked like some child of a horror movie and there was blood all over her bed. I got her cleaned up and we went to tumbling. On the way home we stopped at the dollar store and the grocery for a few things. I cleaned while Ky played (and did not nap!) and eventually went to pick up lunch for everyone. My nieces and SIL ended up coming over around 5 and EVERYONE stayed over since the garage roof was still not completed.

Sun: Ky was up at 6:30 so I got up and we watched some mouse while we waited on everyone else to get up. Breakfast and then all of the girls got ready and went to the sauerkraut festival. It was warm but SUPER windy and a lot of vendors had started to pack up by the time we were leaving at 1. Ky napped and I had to wake her up around 4 since I wanted her to actually go to sleep that night. My mom and I went shopping as I needed a new umbrella stroller (mine ripped at the festival), a hat and mittens for Ky, and I wanted to get Ky snow boots (which she ended up with some sparkly ones that I doubt will do anything for the snow so pray for a mild winter or this momma will be back out buying more shoes!). I needed to get her earrings too and somehow managed to forget to look at them between the three sotres we went to! When we got home I made dinner and played babies with Ky until bedtime. I ended up falling asleep with Ky in her bed and woke up to move to mine around 11:30.

Favorite part of the weekend: I am loathe to admit it but buying those stupid sparkly boots. I really saw Ky's personality. She is very particular and try as we might neither my mom nor I could convince her to get anything else. In fact she had to wear them home from the store and then to daycare today.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Friday - we did nothing!!! It was so nice and relaxing.   Also I got an amazing call from my boss with regards to market pay increases so that set the tone for a really carefree weekend.

Saturday - We got up around 7am to get ready for our long day with family.  We picked up my sister and her fiance to head to Lufkin (about 3 hours away).  The drive was miserable and we had to stop twice to let me potty and stretch my legs.  We went to my cousin's baby shower who is 10 weeks ahead of me and it was really nice to see everyone.  We even took belly photos of our bellies.  I was very shocked how we are about the same size.  Then we headed to my mom's side of the family for a birthday party.  We then ducked out about 7pm to head home.  The drive home was even worse as I was getting closer to my couch but still so far away.  We got home around 11 and I immediately went to bed.  My body was so over it.  I am not looking forward to that drive again in 3 weeks for my shower on my side of the family.

Sunday - We got up early as we had to clean before people came over.  I was hurting so bad in my back and feet (probably left over from Saturday).  We got everything done and I went ahead and made lunch to put in the fridge so we wouldn't have to leave.  My MIL, M's best friend from college with her 9month old and my sister all arrived around 1 to plan our shower for M's side of the family.  I felt really bad but I was not in the mood to help let alone plan my own shower.  M really stepped up and helped them get it all planned while I rested on the couch playing with the 9 month old.  By the time they were done, we were both asleep on the couch lol.  They all left and M and I settled in to watch the game.  I fell asleep in the first quarter and was in bed by 9 while M watched most of the game joining me around 10. 

Overall this weekend was exhausting but my favorite part would be seeing all my extended family. I have not seen some of them in at least 5 years. 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Friday was a nice relaxed night at home

Saturday morning at 7am (yes, you read that right) I had my second beta, then came home. Met a friend who got a positive test a day before I did for some window shopping at a baby shop. 

Sunday was a day of relaxing and reading. Later we did a bit of light housework, oh and we squeezed in a trip to Ikea. 

IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

Friday - J worked early in the morning and I worked until about 9:30 pm.  After work, I met J and some friends out for a drink (our local pub was having a huge anniversary party with super cheap drinks).  I hung out with them for a bit and then went home and went to bed.  J stayed out really late and was a hilarious mess Stick out tongue

Saturday - J worked all day and I had a lazy day consisting of hanging out with the pup and watching TV.

Sunday - I took J to work, then went grocery shopping.  After I got home I did lots of cleaning and gave the dog a bath.  Around 8:30 I went to pick her up from work and then we went to a friend's for pizza, Walking Dead, really bad horror movies and just to hang out.  We got home super late and went to bed.

My favorite part was hanging out Sunday night.  I love super low key nights with good food, crappy TV and lots of convo Cool

*BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"