Postpartum Depression
Options

Do you ever...

...wonder if you're cut out for motherhood? I've been feeling this way all day.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do you ever...

• Options
    I felt that way a lot with my son.  He was such a hard, hard infant.  I was never diagnosed with ppd with him though, but I'm sure I could have had I looked for help.  This time around, I didn't try to be super mom and realized I really did need help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I felt that way the first 3 months. L was also very difficult with colic, reflux, bad gas, MSPI. Lots of crying all the time (by both of us). I ended up with PPD and have been taking medication. Things have gotten 100% better and I am really enjoying my daughter. Before, I was not happy and didn't even feel like I wanted to take care of her. I would recommend talking to someone, doctor, therapist, it really will help!

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea...a lot.  I love my son soooooooo much, but yes I do wonder this.  Especially right now.  He has been sick for like a week.  Double ear infection, cough, congestion, asthma acting up, so we've been doing breathing treatments, and he is on 2 different meds: ear drops and amox.  He fights us on EVERYTHING...even when he isn't sick.  We have a pretty high maintainence child on our hands...he has been since day 1.  My DH and I even wonder if we should push it and have another one b/c we don't wanna possibly go through this again, but they say all babies are different.  We only want 2...so we shall see.  I think, or at least hope, this thought is normal... 
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    Before I got help for my PPD yes, all the time. All I ever wanted was to be a mom, and my son was, and still is a VERY high maintenance baby, and I just didnt know if I was cut out for it. Then I got help for my PPD, and I realized that it was my hormones making me feel that way, not how I actually felt. 
  • Options

imageArdmhs83:
    Yea...a lot.  I love my son soooooooo much, but yes I do wonder this.  Especially right now.  He has been sick for like a week.  Double ear infection, cough, congestion, asthma acting up, so we've been doing breathing treatments, and he is on 2 different meds: ear drops and amox.  He fights us on EVERYTHING...even when he isn't sick.  We have a pretty high maintainence child on our hands...he has been since day 1.  My DH and I even wonder if we should push it and have another one b/c we don't wanna possibly go through this again, but they say all babies are different.  We only want 2...so we shall see.  I think, or at least hope, this thought is normal... 

This.

I had a lot of issues with depression my whole life and took meds for 6yrs prior to getting pregnant with DD. I stopped cold turkey against my dr's advice but i did ok during my pregnancy. I knew i had PPD after i had her. I guess i know myself well enough that i can feel the slightest shifts in my mood/hormones and i can feel when a depression is coming on. Anyway i still refuse to get back on my meds. I have a hard time with patience sometimes because DD is high maintenance as well but i try my best everyday to be a great mom and i learned to cut myself some slack. We are also afraid to have another even though we want 2. Before DD my thought was i would get pregnant when she was about 18mo....now im like...MAYBE when shes closer to 3 lol Im praying she will chill out by then!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"