Military Families

Ladies in Virginia

Military Appreciation Day is this weekend at the Norfolk Zoo. All active duty members and dependents are free. Bring the kids!! =)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Ladies in Virginia

• Parking for this event fills up very quickly.  I went right, when they opened a few years ago, but it was chaotic by the time I left.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Thank you guys. I completely forgot. That will be a great thing for DS and me this weekend. Anyone else going.

Leah 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the heads up to stay far, far away! We're members so we'll find another day to visit!
  • imageArmyQM:
    Thanks for the heads up to stay far, far away! We're members so we'll find another day to visit!

Ditto! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLeahCK:

Thank you guys. I completely forgot. That will be a great thing for DS and me this weekend. Anyone else going.

Leah 

We'll be going!! But I'm a little discouraged seeing what some of the pp's have written. I've never been, so I didn't know it got that packed. I'm actually contemplating going another weekend... 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagejasminelorraine20:
    imageLeahCK:

Thank you guys. I completely forgot. That will be a great thing for DS and me this weekend. Anyone else going.

Leah 

We'll be going!! But I'm a little discouraged seeing what some of the pp's have written. I've never been, so I didn't know it got that packed. I'm actually contemplating going another weekend... 

well, it's a small zoo with relatively small exhibits. Some have very limited viewing areas so when there's a crowd some are near impossible to see. But it might be worth checking out for free and then deciding if its worth going back at another time. That's what we did our first year here. But get there early!!
  • I hope I get out of work early!!! The weather is perfect for the zoo!!

• imagejasminelorraine20:
    imageLeahCK:

Leah 

I think it's only $10 with military discount and parking is free, so even if you don't go this weekend it doesn't hurt the wallet as much as, say, the VB aquarium.

• imageArmyQM:
    Thanks for the heads up to stay far, far away! We're members so we'll find another day to visit!

Exactly.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• FYI: there's a Groupon today for 50 off zoo entry.
  • My daughter and I were looking forward to this and then I got placed back on bedrest. :( Have fun everyone!
  • There's plenty to do in the area this weekend including a Military Festival or something sponsored by USAA:

https://www.mytidewatermoms.com/content/fall-family-fun-events-hampton-roads

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"