April 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY: Pet Lovers Edition

Pets: our other babies.

This is my cat, Boston (named for the city where I grew up, and the Boston Red Sox). I adopted her from a shelter in Chicago about 7 years ago. She had been a shelter-cat for almost 4 years (their longest resident... ps- omg who would abandon this cat, she is so hilarious!). She is fat, sassy, and loves being the center of attention... and loves clothing piles. She used to sleep on my stomach, but I don't think she likes the "lump" anymore... princess and the pea, much?!

Tell me about your pets!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
           Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
        Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!

Re: GTKY: Pet Lovers Edition

• Options

My kind of thread! (I'm a vet tech & big into animal rescue)

Right now I've got a 14 year old Bichon (Emmie) who lives at my parents house, and living with us we have a 7 year old Corgi (Selby) & 3 cats (Jim, Dwight & Andy). We technically have a 3 pet per household limit in the city, but we move in 3 weeks so we actually went and looked at adopting another dog this afternoon (a 1.5 year old Pit mix). We can have as many animals as we please at our new home and we can't wait for more furry additions to our home :)

Jim (top left), Andy (top right) & Dwight (bottom)

Emmie (she's got cancer, and this was a few months before her diagnosis)

Selby (she's also likely got cancer, and this was a few years ago - she's pretty much skin & bones now)

imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • Options

Boston is a pretty cat!  My pets are in my siggy.  The black cat DD is holding is Elliott.  He's 3, and I found him as a barn kitten at the site where we had our engagement pics taken.  He weighs 14 lbs and is not overweight.  He's just a big, long cat!  The grey kitty with his tongue sticking out is Buster, a 14 yr old male that we took in as a favor to a friend who was moving into a pet-free apartment.  She'd had him since he was a kitten, but now we've had him for 3 years.  He weighed almost 20 lbs when we got him and was fat and inactive!  We put him on a diet and now he runs around with the other kitties and is in good health.  The bad kitty in the dish drainer is Lil Bit.  My H rescued her outside his bank when she was a kitten.  She was starved and very sickly and we took her to the vet and nursed her back to health.  Poor little thing was full of different parasites!  She's a little over a year old now and in good health although she won't ever grow to be very big.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We call our animals "the zoo". We have two cats, a Russian blue and a tonkinese. The Russian Blue is a total princess. He loves to be the center of attention and wants everyone's love at all times. The other cat is skittish and always afraid of everything. He is also super fat, regardless of endless efforts to bring him to a healthier weight. He loves the Russian Blue cat, almost worships him. The cats are 7 and 6.5.

Then we have he dog. A closer description of him would be a horse. He is a mix of golden retriever and a poodle. That does not mean that he does not shed. He has got reverse genes and sheds like there's no tomorrow. He is super sweet and well behaved. Is took him 6 hours to notice when we brought dd from the hospital, he is that slow sometimes.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Adorable cat! :)

My dogs are sorta like my "pre-babies". I love them dearly, even though I nicknamed them "the idiots".

I have a Border Collie named Bella, who is a bundle of energy.

And I have a Beagle/Lab mix named Maeby (any Arrested Development fans out there?!), who just likes a flat surface and plenty of food.

Can't wait to see the pics and hear about everybody else's pets!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ohhhh love animals!!  We have a black standard poodle named Ash ( named after the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox).  He is my baby!!!!  We also have a chocolate lab named Mudge who we got as a stray.  Last, but not least, we have a white cat with bright blue eyes named Gwen.  We got her from the shelter and she is the cutest little thing! 
    "Whatever life takes away from you, let it go." <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options
    I had a cocker spaniel named Lucky that died of congestive heart failure a while back. I just decided I'm ready to move on right before finding our i was KU so were in the process of looking for a dog.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

We have 2 dogs and a cat. The cat is a 10 year old yellow tabby named Tom. He's a typical lazy, fat cat who love to try and sleep on my face at night. He is awesome with DD though. We also have a 6 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback named Earl and a 4 year old miniature pinscher/chihuahua mix named Guinness (he is black and tan, like the beer). We got both dogs from the Humane Society. Earl was 2 years old when we got him, and had been abused. He is the most gentle dog I have ever owned though. He doesn't even have food aggression, just a little separation anxiety. Guinness was 6 weeks old when we adopted him, and was diagnosed with Parvo 4 days later. He was a little trooper though, and he survived after spending 5 days at the vet :)

BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Options

This is Thor.  He is an almost 3 year old Weimaraner (his birthday is Oct. 25).  We bought him from a breeder near me in KS.  I grew up with animals but this was MH's very first pet ever!  Needless to say, I had to train both Thor and DH =)  Thor is a handful who is a bundle of energy.  He's a lot better with listening to his commands but he is a horrible greeter!  He loves everyone but when he sees new people, he gets so excited he forgets everything he's learned and doesn't listen.  He jumps on people to greet them and likes to grab their sleeves, watches, bracelets, etc.  It's a big issue that we are having a hard time breaking him of it.

BatDog!!!

A fattened up baby Thor

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart

• Options

We have 2 cats and 1 dog...all rescues. 

The first addition to our family was Mojo (now 10). My now husband fell in love with him walking thru the humane society. A couple months after Mojo came home we noticed he was missing hair on his paws. We later found out that he was pulling the hair out of his paws when we were at work. The vet said we could put him on medication or get another cat so we rescued Harry (now 8). Harry and Mojo are inseparable...Mojo stopped pulling the hair on his paws. Harry has also served as a pregnancy test....with all of my pregnancies he has been sleeping on my belly before I knew I was pregnant. The odd thing is Harry wants nothing to do with me when I am not pregnant.

On vacation my husband saw a retired greyhound so when we purchased our first home we rescued Junior (now 10). Junior came off the track with a broken back paw and missing half of his tail. It took us a weekend to teach him how to do the stairs but other than that it was an easy adjustment. He spends most of his days on the couch when he isn't cruising the table looking for a LO to drop something.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Trevor and Darcy are in my signature. Trevor is pure miniature pinscher, and Darcy is a miniature pinscher mix. We rescued both of them as puppies from a min pin rescue. They were both about 9.5 months old at the time. I am utterly crazy about them, and they truly are a part of our family!
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • Options
    We are such animal lovers at our house. We have two cats both 6 years old. Scarlett is a fat Calico who loves my DH. Grey is our male tabby and he is the sweetest baby in the whole world. He was left in a bag in the middle of winter when he was 4 weeks old. Now he sleeps on my head at night and always cuddles. Our lab Bauer is 5 years old. I sometimes wonder if our house caught on fire who DH which chose to save. DH has even looked into cloning. If it wasn't for me I think he would do it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I have 2 fur-babies, Oscar and Daisy. Oscar is supposed to be a maltese, but he looks more like a bichon. Daisy is the product of a surprise mating of Oscar with my mom's bichon so we call her a maltechon. Oscar is 5 years old and Daisy is 4. Couldn't love an animal more than these dogs are! They know it too, they are absolutely rotten! I'm hoping they adjust well to the new additions!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Options
    We have 4 cats.
    Boone is 5, and DH got her in college when someone in his hall decided she didn't want her anymore. She was just a kitten when he got her and she lived in his dorm room for a year until we got married and got an apartment.

Bell is 4, we got her as a kitten right after we got married so Boone would have a friend. I think we just got her for free on Craigslist.

Lucy is 3 another Craigslist kitten. In rural Indiana, everyone seems to have kittens they need to get rid of.

Little Kitty was found on the street as a kitten, scared and starving. She was going to just be a foster kitty, but we couldn't find her a good home and so she stayed with us.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    Aww I love this thread. IDK how to post pics from my phone, but DH and I have a 1 year old male tabby cat that I bottle fed from a newborn.

I am a vet tech also and I get a lot of abandoned and orphaned newborn kittens at work and I've always taken them and raised them, over 30 of them over the past couple years, but while I'm prego it's just too much. I have one right now and won't be doing any more for a long while sadface.

My cat is a huge troublemaker but he is a sweetie and we just love him.
  • Options

Everybody's pets are soooo cute! I am the biggest animal lover ever so I love this post!!! We only have one dog. I consider him a rescue but I didn't get him from a shelter they were giving him and his siblings away free outside of a walmart while I was visiting my grandma at the beach. When I got in the backseat with him my dad turned around and said, "Whats that?" I said, "A dog!" Just goes to speak how great of a dad I have because he let me keep him without hesitation.

Roy is 5 years old tomorrow (15th) and it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it (stupid hormones). He welcomed my husband into our home with open paws and he is definitely my first child. He's half lab half aussie (looks more lab) and is a big lap dog. He was also the best dog at our wedding.

I would post a pic but I dont't know how =/ I cant even figure out the sigs.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My first pup Rambo (see siggy) recently passed away at 7 years old. She was the best dog, very sweet and loving despite being abused early in life. I miss her everyday. We recently adopted a 7 year old pit bull named Piper.  She's brown with white socks and a whie nose. She is very sweet, loves kisses and cuddles, and spends most of her time napping with me. She was an owner surrender and we really hit the jackpot. 
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I can't do pictures from my iPad which is a shame- friends and family think our cats are very unique looking :) We have 2 Bengal cats.

The eldest is Ebon Askavi (black mountain) aka Kavi. He's a brown and black marble bengal (looks like someone drizzled dark chocolate all over a tabby cat), three- almost 4- years old. He's our spooky baby. He got beaten up by the elderly cat we had before him and developed a nervous personality. He's terrified of ankles but if you lay down with a cover over your feet he will love on you like crazy. We spend a lot of time telling him he's a good boy and coaxing him into being more friendly- and it's worked wonders since the older cat died last December.

Our "kitten" is Shiro Tatsu (white dragon) aka Tatsu aka Puddy Tat. He's a marble snow smoke Bengal (cream base coat, drizzled markings in an ashy color and they fade in and out like Siamese markings). He turned 1 this summer and is still running high on kitten energy. He's never met a warm blooded creature he didn't love. Cats dogs, humans, he's not picky. I'm his special favorite though- he sleeps under the covers with me and follows me around the house like a lost puppy. He likes to be on top of the tallest thing in the room.

Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    imagestargirljulie:
    My kind of thread! I'm a vet tech amp; big into animal rescueRight now I've got a 14 year old Bichon Emmie who lives at my parents house, and living with us we have a 7 year old Corgi Selby amp; 3 cats Jim, Dwight amp; Andy. We technically have a 3 pet per household limit in the city, but we move in 3 weeks so we actually went and looked at adopting another dog this afternoon a 1.5 year old Pit mix. We can have as many animals as we please at our new home and we can't wait for more furry additions to our home :nbsp;Jim top left, Andy top right amp; Dwight bottomnbsp;Emmie she's got cancer, and this was a few months before her diagnosisnbsp;Selby she's also likely got cancer, and this was a few years ago she's pretty much skin amp; bones now

Can I just say I love your cats' names!!!

• Options

Our golden, Lilo, is 4.5 years old. He is the sweetest (albeit sucky) dog we could ever ask for!!! I'm so excited to bring baby home because I know Lilo is going to be soooooo good with our LO.

• Options
    We have a dog and a cat who were both adopted. Diesel is (we think) a mix of pit, boxer and lab and maybe some rhodesian ridgeback. We got him when he was three months old after he was  born in the shelter. He is two and still very puppy like. He is the cutest, sweetest dog ever and loves to give kisses and cuddle. Perfect, medium sized dog. Earl is a Russian Blue who came into the shelter as a stray so we're not sure of his age. We're guessing around three. He is a cuddle bug also and follows us both around the house. He's a little needy and will meow really loud until you pet him. We love them both dearly.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Until a couple of weeks ago we had two goldens, MH's from before we met, and a cat we got from the shelter together. We lost Pearl a couple of weeks ago. She was 15 and just a happy old goof. Cloey is 6 and the sweetest dog I've ever known. She's going to be so good with this LO. Our cat's name is walnut and he thinks he's a dog. He is totally food obsessed and like to wrestle and cuddle with Clo, which is super cute. When he's feeling needy he demands to be petted and if you don't he nips your ankles. He also likes to sleep on top of me in the early morning.

• Options

This is my little man, Miloh. He just turned one in September. We've had him for about a year now.

I got him from a woman I found on Craigslist who rescues cats and kittens.

He can be a big pain in my backside, but he's an amazing kitty and we absolutely adore him.

He's extremely playful, he knows DH is his playmate. It's so cute. He also loves to sleep on the bed with us and it doesn't matter which room of the house we are in, you better believe he's right there with us.

• Options

Love this thread!

I also love chihuahuas... I have 2 and my DP has a chihuahua/terrier mix.  They are our "kids" and here are pics of them (hopefully I resized them correctly):

TTC #1 - BFN; TTC #2 - BFN; TTC #3 - BFP!!! Beta 1 - 149 Beta 2 - 250 Beta 3 - 442 Beta 4 - 1987! BabyFruit Ticker Announcement
  • Options
    I obviously do NOT know how to resize. SIGH.
    TTC #1 - BFN; TTC #2 - BFN; TTC #3 - BFP!!! Beta 1 - 149 Beta 2 - 250 Beta 3 - 442 Beta 4 - 1987! BabyFruit Ticker Announcement
  • Options

My partner and Scooter (rescue mutt) at the dog park (yeah, we live in Minnesota)

Maisey (rescue Pittie)

And Lucky (rescue cat)

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    We have one dog - a black lab named Jed. We adopted him this past spring (Feb 2012) from an area humane society. He was picked up as a stray, so we know nothing of his previous life and are only guessing that he's about 6 years old. He's a bit of a troublemaker - likes to eat any and all bread products off the counters, and has been known to snitch candies out of my purse - but he is a very sweet boy. I'm a veterinarian and he is able to come to work with me each day, where he acts as clinic greeter and clinic throw rug. Honestly, I think he sleeps 23 hours a day!
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageKrisM86:
    Can I just say I love your cats' names!!!

lol, we've always wanted a dog name Michael, but it just hasn't worked out yet. Someday!

imagemrshall10210:
    I am a vet tech also.

Hello fellow tech!

imageimageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Certified Veterinary Technician / SAHM
  • Options
    Love that there are so many animal adopters here! Stay away from puppy and kitty mills! One look at craigslist on any given day will give you hundreds of wonderful shelter animals that need a home.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We have two mutts.

Jack is 4. He was "rescued" from our friends whose dog got KU before they got her spayed (geniuses live on 5 acres and don't have a fence). He's a lab/doberman mix... he pretty much looks like a small chocolate lab with doberman tan points.

Biggio is 3 (bonus points if you know who he's named after!). He was rescued by a group in Houston when he was just a few weeks old, had no hair, and his eyes were crusted over. Now he's the dumbest, happy-go-lucky HILARIOUS dog ever. We THINK he's a border collie/setter mix. He is NOT border collie smart, though, that's for sure! 

They are both great with DS (although B pretty much just tolerates him). Jack lets him climb all over him, sit on him, hug him, pull his tail, all kinds of stuff... and he never even flinches. Good dog. B runs away when DS gets close. lol.

Baby #1 | BFP 8.18.10 | Luke born 4.22.11
    Baby #2 | BFP 5.18.12 | "Baby January" lost to us 5.30.12
    Baby #3 | BFP 7.25.12 | Peter Timothy due 4.7.13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

This is our cat Peyton. She is 5 years old. When I rented a house with my girlfriend & cousin, we had a cat named Monroe and she got knocked up and produced Peyton. (My cousin still has Money and she and Peyton are almost identical). She loves my husband more than she loves me. =(

This is Oswald. He is 18 months old and, at last check, is 100 lbs.He's a gentle giant ! He was a birthday gift for DS and I last year from DH . He is EXCELLENT with Myles and any other children he has come in contact with. He knows he's mine, he follows me everywhere and mopes when I am not home. What can I say ? I'm lovable ! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 6/28/12 EDD 03/07/13 MC 4w5d 07/03/12 new baby
    BabyName Ticker
    BFP 07/30/12 EDD 04/09/13
  • Options

imagetondraluv:
    I had a cocker spaniel named Lucky that died of congestive heart failure a while back. I just decided I'm ready to move on right before finding our i was KU so were in the process of looking for a dog.

Sorry to hear about your dog - our pup is totally our "first-born" and a member of the family.  I know that'd be really tough to go through.  Good luck finding a new dog!!!

Myles was so pumped about the baby . . . until he figured out he'd have to share all his toys!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker>
  • Options
    We have two dogs, Maggie and Callie.  Callie is a lab. We adopted her from a family friend who didn't know her dog was pregnant.  She's super lovey and adores DH.  They go everywhere together.  We adopted Maggie from a rescue two years ago.  She's my baby.  We knew she was a mix when we adopted her, but turns out she's a pit bull.  She's super sweet and loves people.  She's overly protective of me, which is kind of nice, especially when DH is away.
  • Options

We have a 7 year old dog named Stuffing. Yes, like the Thanksgiving side dish. He is technically a lab mix, but he definitely has some pitbull in him. MH got him at an animal shelter in FL before I met him, but I've known Stuffing since he was 2 so I consider him mine :-)

Here he is with my DD last Thanksgiving:

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a 3 yo PBGV/mutt named Tank.  He is actually at the groomers on his own for the first time since I rescued him.  Back home we saw a girl who worked out of her garage and let me stay to calm him and help hold him as he is a bit of a scaredy cat.  Fingers crossed it is going well!  I will post a photo of his new haircut when he gets home!
  • Options
    I love this thread, and I also live how many of you have pitties! I'm on my phone, but my pups are in my profile pic.

Roxy is our brindle girl, she a pit mix of some sort. She's 3 years old and 55lbs. We rescued her through a rescue group that is fosterbased, so they only pull dogs as they get foster homes. I had seen them posting on Craigslist for several days about this little 8 week old puppy on the euthanasia list. I finally was forced to respond one night when it changed to "last day tomorrow!" We really weren't allowed to have a dog in the place we were in, but I had to save her. So I emailed the rescue at 10pm that night, and by noon the next day, we had our baby girl. Turns out, she wasa scheduled to die at 2pm that day. As soon as I picked her up and held her in my arms, I knew there was no chance we wouldn't keep her forever. She was going to be put down for "food aggression", but she came in as a STRAY PUPPY! I can only imagine how that behavior evaluation went. We've never had a single issue with her. We ended up moving into a new place a couple months later, after keeping Roxy a secret from the landlord haha.

Dexter is our big blue boy. He's 2 and 90lbs. He's definitely a pit bull, but he's mixed with another huge breed. No clue what, it's never mattered all that much to us. We rescued him from the same rescue group we rescued Roxy. They actually pulled his mommy from the shelter when she was pregnant, and the group sent us a picture of him right after he was born. They knew what suckers we were! We brought him home two days after our wedding.

We love our crazy doggies to death, they're our babies.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"