VBAC

Anyone watch BOBB VBAC edition?

Iris, did you watch it? I can't remember if you just posted about it, or if you saw it.

I watched it last night, it was pretty good. They had about three birth stories (the one from Abby Epstein wasn't very detailed), and I wish they had profiled a few more? Or had talked about what to do if you want a VBAC or something.

It was pro-VBAC, but I feel like if I had been watching it and didn't know the first thing about finding out how to plan for one, it wouldn't have been very helpful.

Aaaaand, did anyone else not think Abby Epstein's doctor was very pro-VBAC? She talked how he was, but they had one scene where he was like, "we'll send you to the OR in a second during your labor!". And then at the end, she referred to the fact that she had an "uphill battle" to get her VBAC - I really wish they would have talked about it more!

Anyhoo, worth checking out if you have Netflix streaming. 

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

Re: Anyone watch BOBB VBAC edition?

• I watched it when it first came out, so my memory might be a little fuzzy.  It was OK.  They did a good job of talking about the obstacles to VBAC.    I was glad I'd already had my VBAC when I watched it because the focus seemed to be on how hard it was to have a VBAC instead if an empowering message.  I was also surprised by how negatively they showed HBAC, considering how pro-HB the original BOBB was.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Honestly, I was a little discouraged after seeing the BOBB VBAC episode the other day.  I live in a community where VBAC is generally supported, and some of the restrictions being discussed by those in the video who were "supportive" of VBAC (e.g., Abby's doctor) seemed more draconian than what I would have hoped for.  There also didn't seem to be much solid information there and like Iris, I was surprised at how opposed to HBAC everyone was.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, the HBAC thing was a bit weird. Not many voices in support of it, or what a woman could do to find a good HBAC provider.

And! I forgot that the one birth story about the HBAC was actually a HBA2C, but they completely glossed over the fact that she had two previous c/s. Was it because it would seem too risky? 

I think BOBB can definitely be a bit short on actual helpful information...don't tell Ricki Lake!

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I just watched it this week. I'm only just now REALLY investigating the details of VBAC, so I found it helpful to learn basic information about VBACing. Although, even with only doing a little research prior, most of the information I was already aware of.

That said, I was NOT aware of how the statistics on uterine rupture could be broken down. That was very interesting and encouraging for me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"