Military Families

My Husband's Unit (Rant)

I am SO pissed at the idiots who work in my husband's unit. He's currently going through the medboard process so his ETS date has been pushed back several times. The original date was supposed to be in July but of course he hadn't left. The idiots forgot to notify the people in the pay department and he didn't get a check on the 1st of August. See us scrambling to get a pay advance etc...so after this it got pushed back to October. Then in September they pushed it out until June 2013. His NCOs assured him everything was taken care of. Lo and behold he's not getting a check AGAIN because of their screw up. He's going in again to get a pay advance but being pregnant the stress of this is getting to me more than usual. How can they mess up that badly? We need this money to pay bills and they can't even be bothered to do their job correctly. With the pay advance we should at least get the money by Monday (hopefully) but have to dip into our savings to make it until next week. I would normally say "well that's what savings is for" but we're trying to save for a baby!

So frustrated. Ugh. 

/end rant.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: My Husband's Unit (Rant)

• imagehansonam446:

I am SO pissed at the idiots who work in my husband's unit. He's currently going through the medboard process so his ETS date has been pushed back several times. The original date was supposed to be in July but of course he hadn't left. The idiots forgot to notify the people in the pay department and he didn't get a check on the 1st of August. See us scrambling to get a pay advance etc...so after this it got pushed back to October. Then in September they pushed it out until June 2013. His NCOs assured him everything was taken care of. Lo and behold he's not getting a check AGAIN because of their screw up. He's going in again to get a pay advance but being pregnant the stress of this is getting to me more than usual. How can they mess up that badly? We need this money to pay bills and they can't even be bothered to do their job correctly. With the pay advance we should at least get the money by Monday (hopefully) but have to dip into our savings to make it until next week. I would normally say "well that's what savings is for" but we're trying to save for a baby!

So frustrated. Ugh. 

/end rant.

That does sound frustrating. I would be going to finance myself!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:
    imagehansonam446:

So frustrated. Ugh. 

/end rant.

Believe me I want to! Unfortunately, I have to work. :( My husband is up there now dealing with them. Hopefully it'll be resolved shortly.

I still want to punch them in the face though.

• Loading the player...
  • image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:
    imagehansonam446:

So frustrated. Ugh. 

/end rant.

You'd be surprised how many spouses do this kind of thing. It doesn't actually help anything and can sometimes make your SO's work life harder.
  • imageaislinnanne:
    image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:
    imagehansonam446:

So frustrated. Ugh. 

/end rant.

You'd be surprised how many spouses do this kind of thing. It doesn't actually help anything and can sometimes make your SO's work life harder.

In all actuality I know that there is nothing I can do; he'll have to handle it. I just wish I could get them all in a room and scream at them because, holy sh*t, this is our livelihood. 

• I know this is frustrating, but I'd like to point out that an average unit has about 1000 people in it and there are about 4 people doing that job.  Every one has some sort of issue these guys are dealing with and things are bound to get jacked up somewhere.  Try not to stress too much.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageaislinnanne:
    image*HiS ChAmAoLe GiRL*:
    imagehansonam446:

So frustrated. Ugh. 

/end rant.

Oops! I forgot to mention that I am a service member. By no means do I suggest that the spouse go to finance in the place of the service member unless he or she is deployed and the spouse has a POA. It does make their work life difficult.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• And so it continues...

today they're telling him that the same type of paperwork they accepted the first time this happened they can't accept today. He has to get a memorandum from someone stating who is telling him he can't get out of the army. Um, the army? FFS.

• I'm sorry hun! Your one one of the other Bragg mamas on here if I remember right! That is so frustrating, it seems like a lot of the medboards are taking much longer then they should around here there are a few in my husbands unit that have been in the process of being medboarded or chaptered for almost a year. I don't know what the deal is lately. I hope things get better soon though and I know there are a few good helpful financial service places around here =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes and thanks for the well wishes! He was able to get it sorted but won't get a check until next Thursday or Friday. Luckily, most of our bills have a grace period and his platoon sgt was able to find a quick fix for us through the red cross. So I'm calmer...for now! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"