D.C. Area Babies

Where to get whooping cough booster for parents

Does anyone know where we can go in DC to get the pertussis/whooping cough booster? We called our primary care doc, who said he'd have to issue a prescription for us to go pick it up and bring it in for his office staff to administer. But DC has regulations, so we'd have to only use a Virginia pharmacy. We live in DC so it seems rather inconvenient to have to get a prescription written, go to VA, pick something up and then come into DC to get the shot.

Has  anyone in DC (or Silver Spring) gotten the booster? Where? How?

Thanks!

Re: Where to get whooping cough booster for parents

• imageEllaHella:

And find a new doctor.  He should be able to obtain vaccines.  And I question a doctor's attitude on care if he treats a common vax this way.  Imagine if he had to expend energey on a complicated issue.

i totally agree.  this is a very common vax, and you shouldn't be having trouble getting it.  my mom was just given one routinely when she visited her doctor for an annual check-up.  she's with kaiser.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband got his at our baby's new pediatrician at my daughter's two day check-up. I would definitely check with your pediatricians office b/c I think that's fairly common. We use All Pediatrics in Alexandria.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"