September 2012 Moms

Combining cold and warm breast milk?

I've seen a few people say not to do this. Does anyone know why? 

I have done this and then freeze it right away. If its because of bacteria then the freezer should kill it, shouldn't it?

Has anyone had any problems with this? 

photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Combining cold and warm breast milk?

• The article that someone else posted earlier this week said that it was fine to combine refridgerated milk with fresh milk as long as it was within 24 hours. They specifically said you could pump into the same bottles. Kellymom says to combine cold milk with cold, as did another article I read on milk storage. I'm going to ask my LC when I see her Tuesday because of conflicting info.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That sonds reasonable to me and is easier than constantly juggling bottles and bags in the frIdge.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • If I have two frozen containers and I thaw them at room temp can I then combine them together to make one bottle? I currently have one container with only 1 oz and one with 2 oz.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"