June 2013 Moms

Belly band vs. belly belt

I think I'm going to need one of these sooner rather than later. My jeans are already getting pretty snug.

Which one do you guys recommend? 

Trying for our first since April 2011
BFP 10/4/2012. Due 6/11/13. M/C 11/3/12
Diagnosed Hypothyroidism 9/4/13
BFP #2 11/11/13 Due 7/24/14

Today, I am pregnant.  Today, I am happy.
Everyone welcome

Re: Belly band vs. belly belt

• I've not heard of a belly belt, what is that?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • It's like a panel you hook to the button of you pants and it has a button that goes in the button hole.  Basically expands your jeans.
    Trying for our first since April 2011
    BFP 10/4/2012. Due 6/11/13. M/C 11/3/12
    Diagnosed Hypothyroidism 9/4/13
    BFP #2 11/11/13 Due 7/24/14

Today, I am pregnant.  Today, I am happy.
    Everyone welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! That's really cool :) I just googled it!

I would definitely recommend one of those over the belly bands, I had issues with them sliding up and off all the time!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I hate them both because either way you walk around with your pants undone and unless you are wearing a humongous shirt over it, people can tell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto pp that said you can tell your pants are undone either way.
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I tried the belly band it was alright. A rubber hair band works the best for me. It kept my jeans prefect while waiting for my maternity to fit right.

This story started at band camp on Sept. 6, 2002, when to people meet. Married on Nov. 14, 2009.

• imagelyzabeth:
    I hate them both because either way you walk around with your pants undone and unless you are wearing a humongous shirt over it, people can tell.

Really? I disagree. I didn't think it was obvious at all with the belly band. It kind of bunches over the waistband and disguises it.

I wouldn't bother with the belt thing. As pp said, a hair band works just as we'll. but this one is harder to disguise. I wouldn't say you have a wear a humongous shirt; any casual blousy shirt that isn't skin tight would cover it up just fine.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I loved the belly band when pregnant with DD & I have a strange feeling I'm gonna need it sooner this time than I did with her!
  • imageskio:
    imagelyzabeth:
    I hate them both because either way you walk around with your pants undone and unless you are wearing a humongous shirt over it, people can tell.
    Really? I disagree. I didn't think it was obvious at all with the belly band. It kind of bunches over the waistband and disguises it. I wouldn't bother with the belt thing. As pp said, a hair band works just as we'll. but this one is harder to disguise. I wouldn't say you have a wear a humongous shirt; any casual blousy shirt that isn't skin tight would cover it up just fine.

I found that with my knit and cotton shirts people could see especially with the jeans. I don't wear that tight of clothes but I thought it was obvious and so did my husband. I can totally tell when other ladies are wearing belly bands too. But to each his own. I just got a couple pairs of pants that were one size bigger than my normal size and I loved those. Because I wore them pp.

• I don't know which one I'd prefer but at this point, I'd take anything.  My jeans are so tight right now that I've been truly considering buying a small pair a maternity pants for comfort.  DH thinks I'm insane.
    Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"