Health & Exercise
Options

Feeling sluggish

I have been soooo incredibly tired lately and just want to sleep ALL the time and am SO unmotivated to work out. I feel like I need to clean up my diet; not a cleanse or anything but I think just a cleaner greener diet may help me get over this wave of exhaustion! I mean we all have our sleepy days but I'm going on a week now! Any help or suggestions, such as what veggies to stock up on would be appreciated!

image 280 image 241 image 31 image 10 Making Us Wait
RSVP Deadline: 10/2

Re: Feeling sluggish

• Options

How far along are you?  I am in early stages of my pregnancy and I am lethargic on most days---especially once 1pm hits.  

Eating clean and getting some physical activity will help you though.  Try to stay away from anything processed and filled with refined sugars.

Drink TONS of water---I already drink alot of water and have increased it as soon as I found out I was pregnant--great for you and the baby!

Im eating a diet high in lean protein---chicken, turkey, fish(in moderation), and red meat (also in moderation, although it seems to be what I really want all the time LOL)

As far as veggies go----a good rule of thumb is anything green and leafy---lots of fibre and folic acid, great for you and baby!  But mix it up and spend some time in the produce section of the grocery store and stock up---- on a variety of things to keep from getting bored!

Also for snacking I am consuming almonds (raw or lightly salted), greek yogurt with fruit falvored ground flax seed in it and half a packet of truvia to sweeten! Peanut butter is another excellent snack--high in protein and great with celery :) Try and look for kinds reduced in sugar or go for the all natural stuff that is just ground peanuts!

I personally am trying to limit things that make me sluggish, which for me means monitoring things like starches etc (but am incorporating them into my diet)!

Also, get some kind of exercise--it will be hard to do when you are so exhausted, BUT I PROMISE it will give you a little energy boost, and just make you feel better! :)

Sorry for the long post--I am in the same boat and trying to have my routine keep me from wanting to sleep anywhere I can lay down! :) 

• Options
    This is my 2nd time around and if you are pooped I say rest if you can.  the last month to month and a half of your 1st tri tend to be the most exhausting.  2nd tri is better, 3 tri I could not sleep well.  After baby comes, you get ZERO rest.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"