Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Rock N Play to crib transition question

If you transitioned your little one from sleeping in a Rock N Play at night to the crib, did any of you try using the Pack N Play as an in-between step? Please tell me if you did or didn't and how it worked for you. My little guy just does NOT want to sleep in his crib. Ever. He sleeps in the Rock N Play next to my bed at night and naps in his swing during the day. He pretty much won't nap on his days at daycare (3 days a week) because they have a crib for him there. He then comes home and crashes out in his swing. He is so stubborn! TIA ladies!!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Rock N Play to crib transition question

• With DD we went from RnP to crib at 3 months with no problems. We do have to swaddle around her belly or 1 arm in still though. Hope to break that this weekend.
    Anyway, maybe you could try inclining the crib, or mattress, and gradually lowering it.
    We had to incline the mattress for DS1 for reflux. When we were done we went from the wedge to 2 pillows, propping it up from under the mattress, then 1 pillow, then flat over about a month.
    Sucks to have a picky sleeper, good luck!

image   image

• We love our RNP. Our DD slept in it for about 3 weeks and then we went to a pack n play until she was 3 months and then she went to the crib no problem. Now, we use the rock n play during the day for her to sit with us at the dinner table (we haven't gotten the high chair set up yet but hope to soon) or to watch the tv (when she is not in her bumbo.) I hope this helps you. I hear it takes a while for some babies to adjust. How old is he? Sometimes the longer you wait to transition to the crib, the worse off you could be.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son slept in the rock n play until about 12 weeks. Our pediatrician recommended that we transition him into his crib at that point. I think he did great with the transition. We swaddle him, also. I think it helped that he napped in a crib at daycare 5 days a week when we started transitioning him.
  • We're going through the exact same problem.  DD2 will be 4 months next week and she HATES her crib.  We've been trying to transition her for the last week or so, and it's not going well.  She wasn't sleeping all that great to begin with, but now she's up constantly.  Now no one in the house is getting any sleep, which is really sucky since I started back at work this week and I have a 2.5 year old.  Last night DD2 woke up at 4:30 am (after waking up about 4 times before then), and screamed bloody murder.  I finally gave in and put her back in her RnP just so we could all get some sleep.  It was awful. 

We ordered a Magic Sleep Suit and I think it will arrive today.  I'm praying this helps the transition, because I'm really at a loss as to what else to do.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are in the middle of a slow transition from the RnP to the Crib. For now she still sleeps at night in the RnP and is swaddled. During the day she naps in a pack and play and is mostly unswaddled, but still swaddled sometimes. We have been doing this for about a 1-2weeks.

We are going to try having her nap in the crib next week and see how it goes. From what we are seeing in the pack and play, sleeping flat is not so much an issue for her as still needing to be swaddled so I don't think it will be terribly difficult to move her to the crib.

• Sounds like my baby!  She still does not sleep well, but it is in her crib.Moving her the the crib ended up being an accident. We sent her to stay with grandma for the weekend and some how both the swing and RNP were left at home. My mom said she did fine, but I dont know how try that is. When she got home we started to transition.

We were putting her to sleep in the swing and then moving her to RNP after her first feeding. She was still swaddled and stared with just naps in the crib. After about 2 days she just went to sleep no trouble.

• imagempayne:
    We love our RNP. Our DD slept in it for about 3 weeks and then we went to a pack n play until she was 3 months and then she went to the crib no problem. Now, we use the rock n play during the day for her to sit with us at the dinner table (we haven't gotten the high chair set up yet but hope to soon) or to watch the tv (when she is not in her bumbo.) I hope this helps you. I hear it takes a while for some babies to adjust. How old is he? Sometimes the longer you wait to transition to the crib, the worse off you could be.

he's 4 months today 

• imagemarleyc:

We're going through the exact same problem.  DD2 will be 4 months next week and she HATES her crib.  We've been trying to transition her for the last week or so, and it's not going well.  She wasn't sleeping all that great to begin with, but now she's up constantly.  Now no one in the house is getting any sleep, which is really sucky since I started back at work this week and I have a 2.5 year old.  Last night DD2 woke up at 4:30 am (after waking up about 4 times before then), and screamed bloody murder.  I finally gave in and put her back in her RnP just so we could all get some sleep.  It was awful. 

We ordered a Magic Sleep Suit and I think it will arrive today.  I'm praying this helps the transition, because I'm really at a loss as to what else to do.

let me know how it works out 

• He hates swaddling. I haven't tried it in a while but I probably should again. He is very long as is getting to be too big for both the RNP and the swing, so things could get really miserable around here when he outgrows them! He also seems to sleep better next to me. Sometimes when I work the next day, he sleeps in the other room with DH. He never sleeps as well when he's with him. I'm afraid it will be even worse when he's alone in his own room.
  • I transitioned my LO at 2 months.  He was being swaddled at the time and sleeping by my bed in the rock and play.  For one week, I moved the rock and play to his room and let him continue to sleep in it. Then for a few days, I would let him fall asleep in the rock and play, then I would move him to the crib, so when he woke up he was in the crib.  Since he didn't seem to mind it so much, I quickly just started putting him in his crib.  Once he got used to sleeping in the crib, I started unswaddling him.  So now, he sleeps unswaddled in his crib.  The slow transition never changed his STTN pattern.  Good luck.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • We transitioned from rock n play twice. First time at 6 weeks old, easy. Then when we had to unswaddle her at 12 weeks (she started rolling) she did not take well to not being swaddled. So rock n play came back for a few weeks. Then she started sitting up so far in it, was scary. So transitioned her to a bassinet, then the crib. First night was rough but then it was totally fine! They can adjust quickly. 

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"