Health & Exercise

Insanity

Has anyone done this program before??  The one thats on the infomercials with Shaun T....

I was doing the program by the book (schedule and nutrition guide) for about a month before I found out I was pregnant...then I stopped once I found out I was.  I thought it might be too intense....

But my doc said to keep on doing whatever I was already doing.....SO I haven't been doing it daily, but just here and there.  I did Pure Cardio today and just took breaks liberally... It felt good to have a GOOD hard workout!  Especially now that I'm in the 2nd Tri and have a little more energy lately :) 

MY GOAL

Re: Insanity

• I did insanity right before I got pregnant and it is part of my post baby workout plan, too.

I think you are on the right track.  Some of the moves won't be practical once you get into the third tri...and your body will tell you so. With your ligaments getting more stretchy you have to watch out with any lunge motions and anything that required you to balance on one foot won't be happening once you get a bigger belly.  I'd suggest sticking with the "first 30 days" workouts and modify accordingly.

I worked out up until my due date then didnt work out for the week I was overdue because of blood pressue issues.  But my docs said my recovery from my c/s was much easier because I was a workout fiend.  

Once Insanity is a little too much for you in the coming months check out crossfitmom.com  they scale the workout of the day for beginner/medium/advanced and I found they were GREAT workouts for the last two months of my pregnancy. 

GOOD LUCK!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've continued to do Insanity since becoming pregnant but more often I take a class call 30/60/90 which is basically a more challenging version of Insanity  (it's a HIIT workout that incorporates weights and a step).  I do it three times a week, bootcamp twice a week and spin once a week.  So far I haven't had to modify any of my workouts but I everything is three times harder.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yikes! I am mid-way through my round 2 of Insanity and I honestly wouldn't recommend doing it during pregnancy. What with all the power and diamond jumps and all. But that's me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"