November 2012 Moms

Circumsion

When you will circumsizing your LO? Immediately after he's born or waiting a few weeks? Or are you no going to at all?

BabyName Ticker

Re: Circumsion

• We are doing it at the hospital. I feel better knowing he is already at the hospital, just in case.  At our newborn care class we had a pediatrician come in and explain in detail about the circumcision, healing, and how to care for it. And from what I understand the pain does not last weeks, just a day or two. 

If you are going to do it does it really matter when he experiences the pain? Before he heads home or after he is already home?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not having a boy, but if I was I would do it within the first few days, probably before leaving the hospital.

It's usually recommend to do it between 24hrs to 72 hrs after birth. After that there is more chance of bleeding or complications. After a couple of weeks they remember pain better and it can be more traumatic.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageIdani:

With our first son the pedi did it the morning after he was born when he came in to meet the LO. We will do it the same way this time.

This will be our first son, but I asked my OB at my last appt who does it and when- and this is what she said as well. The day after birth, in the hospital  

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • It will be done in the hospital by his pediatrician the day after he's born.
  • Our little guy has to have surgery after he is born so they will do the circumcision at the same time. 

• We're not circumsizing.
  • We are not going to circ at all. DH wasn't and he is fine so we figure it's best to have LO match his dad.
  • In the hospital, just like DS1.
    photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not circumsizing.
  • My son had it done by my ob before we left the hosp. I'm surprised how many Pedies are doing them they aren't trained in surgery! Even tho a circ is minor ob's usually do them since they have the background....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    JHB 1/19/09
    Baby girl due 11/22/12!
  • We are not circumcising. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok well my doc gave us the same option to have the pediatrician will come and d it before we get discharged. Might as well get it done while we are there. Thanks ladies for your thoughts!
    BabyName Ticker
  • At about one week old, in my midwives offices, by a pediatrician
  • Ds1 was circ'ed the day he went home from the hospital. By the pedi.

Ds2... The NICU won't do circ's. irks me as I'd like to have it done before we leave, but whatever. He will have it done at his two week well visit. Well, two weeks after he comes home. He's already over two weeks, actual!
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We are not circumcising.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Ax2Ax2 member
    Where I am, it costs twice as much ($300 vs $150) to have it done by the hospital as a pedi.  There are only a handful of pedi's in my town who do it, so as soon as we leave the hospital, I have to call them and make an appointment.  I'm told they try and schedule it within the first week.
  • Our little man will not be circ'd. 

• imagesroszc:
    In the hospital, just like DS1.

This I think it was the second and last day we were there, I went home a day early.

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • not circumcizing

• Not circumcising.  It's a harmful, outdated procedure and not necessary for my sons health.  

• Circumcision is an unnecessary procedure. It is a human rights violation. You have no moral right to cut off a healthy and functional part of your son's body. It should be illegal.
  • imageKadyra:
    Ds1 was circ'ed the day he went home from the hospital. By the pedi. Ds2... The NICU won't do circ's. irks me as I'd like to have it done before we leave, but whatever. He will have it done at his two week well visit. Well, two weeks after he comes home. He's already over two weeks, actual!

This is absolutely disgusting. He has had enough trauma already and you want to perform an unnecessary cosmetic procedure on your NICU baby??? It's not your body. You have no moral right to cut off a healthy part of HIS body.

• imageAdri76:

imageKadyra:
    Ds1 was circ'ed the day he went home from the hospital. By the pedi. Ds2... The NICU won't do circ's. irks me as I'd like to have it done before we leave, but whatever. He will have it done at his two week well visit. Well, two weeks after he comes home. He's already over two weeks, actual!

This is absolutely disgusting. He has had enough trauma already and you want to perform an unnecessary cosmetic procedure on your NICU baby??? It's not your body. You have no moral right to cut off a healthy part of HIS body.

Get the hell off this board. Nobody here needs you or anybody else spewing your crap. Did you notice that until you decided answer that nobody else on this board gave an opinion or a reason one way or the other? That's because it IS a decision made by the parents of a newborn boy. There will be a lot of decisions that I will have to make for my son in his life. There is nothing wrong with circ'ing, there is nothing wrong with not. It is a personal decision made by each family for whatever reasons they see fit.

Now, really, get the hell off this board with your two posts where you do not belong. 

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • imageAdri76:
    Circumcision is an unnecessary procedure. It is a human rights violation. You have no moral right to cut off a healthy and functional part of your son's body. It should be illegal.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• imageBarooGirl:

imageAdri76:
    Circumcision is an unnecessary procedure. It is a human rights violation. You have no moral right to cut off a healthy and functional part of your son's body. It should be illegal.

• imageAdri76:

Shoving your ignorant opinions down someone else's throat is outdated. What someone chooses to do with/for their children isn't your business. Your facts, by the way, are invalid. Thanks for playing though.

• imageAdri76:

V|V TSP V|V
  • I have every right to be here.since this is an open forum. This is a human rights issue and if I have the opportunity to speak out against it I WILL. Sorry to inform you but there is a big movement going on right now with people fighting to end routine infant circumcision. It's growing and growing every day. Right now, some European nations are planning on gathering together sometime soon to release a common statement against routine infant mutilation which I am sure will put pressure on the AAP.  No it is not a "personal" decision since the person it's affecting is NOT making the decision. It's a personal decision ONLY for the person that owns the penis, not anyone else. Don't fool yourself .....there is a lot of things wrong with circumcision, or should I say routine infant circumcision and we can go through them all, but what it all boils down to is.....no one should have a right to have a healthy and functional part of your body cut off without your consent. A part that countless men are trying to get back. Research foreskin restoration movement. It is a human rights violation.
  • To the troll:

To the OP:

It is DH's decision as to whether or not we'll have LO circ'd and he hasn't made it yet. If he does decide to have it done, it will be done at 8 days or older in the pedi's office. 

Please pardon any typos -- I'm typically bumping from my phone
    V|V TSP V|V
    imageimageimage
    * Lindsay Chase is going to be a big brother in August! *
  • imageAdri76:
    I have every right to be here.since this is an open forum. This is a human rights issue and if I have the opportunity to speak out against it I WILL. Sorry to inform you but there is a big movement going on right now with people fighting to end routine infant circumcision. It's growing and growing every day. Right now, some European nations are planning on gathering together sometime soon to release a common statement against routine infant mutilation which I am sure will put pressure on the AAP.  No it is not a "personal" decision since the person it's affecting is NOT making the decision. It's a personal decision ONLY for the person that owns the penis, not anyone else. Don't fool yourself .....there is a lot of things wrong with circumcision, or should I say routine infant circumcision and we can go through them all, but what it all boils down to is.....no one should have a right to have a healthy and functional part of your body cut off without your consent. A part that countless men are trying to get back. Research foreskin restoration movement. It is a human rights violation.

Hey, why dont you tell us that great story about your husband's foreskin again!

Oh wait, it wasnt really your husband just an old blog you found.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

• imageBarooGirl:

imageAdri76:
    I have every right to be here.since this is an open forum. This is a human rights issue and if I have the opportunity to speak out against it I WILL. Sorry to inform you but there is a big movement going on right now with people fighting to end routine infant circumcision. It's growing and growing every day. Right now, some European nations are planning on gathering together sometime soon to release a common statement against routine infant mutilation which I am sure will put pressure on the AAP.  No it is not a "personal" decision since the person it's affecting is NOT making the decision. It's a personal decision ONLY for the person that owns the penis, not anyone else. Don't fool yourself .....there is a lot of things wrong with circumcision, or should I say routine infant circumcision and we can go through them all, but what it all boils down to is.....no one should have a right to have a healthy and functional part of your body cut off without your consent. A part that countless men are trying to get back. Research foreskin restoration movement. It is a human rights violation.

V|V TSP V|V
  • imageMommyLuvsMe1210:
    imageBarooGirl:

imageAdri76:

Wink

• imageAdri76:

• I can't believe she actually came back...guh!

And while I agree that you have a right to be on an open online forum, we also have the RIGHT to crap all over you for being the douchecanoe that you are. Forcing your options down peoples throats, just NO! When is that ever okay? You know when?? NEVER!

So you can either go away or just deal with the fact that we will think you are cray-cray and GIF the hell out of you 

V|V TSP V|V
  • imageQuintonsMummah:

I can't believe she actually came back...guh!

And while I agree that you have a right to be on an open online forum, we also have the RIGHT to crap all over you for being the douchecanoe that you are. Forcing your options down peoples throats, just NO! When is that ever okay? You know when?? NEVER!

So you can either go away or just deal with the fact that we will think you are cray-cray and GIF the hell out of you 

My favorite part?  She's more getting called out by people who AREN'T circ-ing.  Up top, Jolie!

• imageironmom5:

My favorite part?  She's more getting called out by people who AREN'T circ-ing.  Up top, Jolie!

• imageBarooGirl:

imageAdri76:

What the hell are you talking about? My husband's human rights, like millions of American men, were violated at birth when a healthy and functional part of his body was cut at birth. What is this blog you are talking about? You are confusing me with someone else dear.

• imageQuintonsMummah:

I can't believe she actually came back...guh!

You forced your opinions about a natural, intact penis on your son/s when you had a part of his penis cut off.  A part that he might want back. The foreskin restoration movement is growing everyday. More and more men are waking up and realizing what was done to them at birth and are seeking to regain it back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"