Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Been to Disney lately?

We are going next week with my almost 4 year old and 1 year old boys.  We are doing Magic one day and trying to decide which park to do the second day.  We weren't planning on buying Hopper passes, since we are only doing two days, but that can still be an option.  I'm just not sure it if worth all the changing with two little ones.

At first I was set on doing Epcot the second day.  The food and wine festival is going on, which is nice for my husband and I! :)  However, it looks like Hollywood Studio has some neat stuff for the boys:  Cars stunt show, Disney Junior live on stage (Jake!), and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.  

What do you think? 

Re: Been to Disney lately?

• Options
    We were there two weeks ago with our 5 year old and 22 month old.  We spent 2.5 days at MK, one day at AK, and one day at Epcot.   We did not do HS.  With only two days I'd consider both at MK or one at MK and one at AK.  Epcot was our least successful day in terms of the kids.  Although it could have been because my 5 year old got freaked out by the dinosaur ride at AK the day before and was freaking out about every ride that day.  I will say that they were setting up and opening F&W the day we were there and it did look awesome for grownups.
  • Options

I totally agree with cmeon the water! We just went in September and have been twice before that. MK is GREAT...my son especially LOVED the new Dumbo set up and the roller coaster right by it, The Barnstormer. My DS is 3, so I'm sure your little one would like it too. I agree that while there is some okay stuff to do at HS, it isn't worth spending a whole day there unless your child likes to sit still and watch shows all day. AK is the second best park. My DS also LOVED the safari ride and there was a lot to do there. Make sure you look on the website and pick a day that The Boneyard is open, because it isn't open every day. It may be worth it just to spend both days at MK though because it has the most for younger kids to do!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also going next week - doing the cruise first and we are only doing Magic Kingdom.  My girls are sooo into the whole princess thing and we don't want to feel rushed from one place to another.  We will have most of Thursday and then all day Friday and Saturday and want to have some time to swim at the hotel and all of that.  We are just staying super relaxed on this trip and have the "we will do what we do" mind set.  I know we will miss things but I could care less.  This trip is all about the Princesses and giving the girls a taste of the Disney Magic.  We plan to go back when they are older and do it all - hit all the parks, etc.  Sorry - no suggestions on other parks from me as I didn't research them at all.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

We spent 3 days at MK this last trip.  We could have even done another day because DD loved re-riding some of the rides so much.  I wouldn't do Epcot with little ones.  It's more of an older child/teen/adult park, in my opinion.

DD loved Hollywood Studios - she loves the Toy Story Ride (get fast passes for it early), the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area, the Disney Jr. Live show, and a few of the other rides/shows. 

She liked Animal Kingdom, too - the dinosaur ("dumbo-ish") ride, the Bone Yard play area, the Nemo musical, the Beauty and the Beast show and the safari (fast pass that, too.)

Have a great time!  Here's a link to a blog post I wrote about our trip if you're interested:  https://wendy-steve-andg3.blogspot.com/2012/09/our-disney-vacation.html

• Options

We are also locals with annual passes. Magic Kingdom can easily be a park you'd want to spend two days at with little children in tow. Hollywood Studios can be hit or miss, depending on the height and temperament of your 4 year old. My son has been riding Tower of Terror since was 3 years old and LOVES it. Both of my sons (5 and 2 years old) loved the Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast, and Cars shows too.

I disagree with cmeon the water that Epcot is an adult park. My boys love the Nemo/Living Seas, Journey into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Mexico and Norway attractions. There are definitely rides and features to keep them entertained if you want to check out the Food & Wine Festival. Just be forewarned, the Festival is extremely popular with tourists and locals alike. I'd suggest going in the morning (weekdays are best) if you can, to avoid long lines at the stands. 

Hawaii
  • Options
    MK and AK.  DD also loved the tram, ferry boat and bus rides.
  • Options
    imagesmilejenn:

I disagree with cmeon the water that Epcot is an adult park. My boys love the Nemo/Living Seas, Journey into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Mexico and Norway attractions. There are definitely rides and features to keep them entertained if you want to check out the Food & Wine Festival. Just be forewarned, the Festival is extremely popular with tourists and locals alike. I'd suggest going in the morning (weekdays are best) if you can, to avoid long lines at the stands. 

I agree - my 3 and year old loved Epcot (and so did DH and I!) when we went two weeks ago. They enjoyed the Land rides/shows too. But if you are only doing two parks, i would vote AK too. Its just amazing. The other possible option is doing one full day at MK, then a morning at AK, home for a rest, then an afternoon/evening at Epcot. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"