Parenting after 35
Options

Return of AF

Hi ladies, do you remember when AF returned? I'm 11wks PP and formula feeding and still nothing. Not that I'm complaining but my Dr won't insert my IUD until it returns. I'm wondering if our age affects it as all the youngsters on the other boards have had AF by now?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Return of AF

• Options
    I'd say relax and enjoy!!!  When AF returned I'm now experiencing something out of a horror film for three-four days no matter what..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    6 months after DD, 5 months after DS for me; but I EBF.  On my birth month board, though, even some of the young-uns who are FFing didn't get it for a while, I'd say up to 6 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine returned about 6-8 weeks after having DS.  I don't remember exactly but it was before I returned to work 10 weeks after DS was born.  DS was also FF.  The first one or two were awful.  After that they became lighter than before getting pregnant and just as regular.  From what I've heard I'm one of the lucky ones with it being regular and lighter.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

IDK. I've EBF'd both boys. I didn't get AF until I weaned DS1 cold Turkey at 18 monthsSurprise

What did your doc say?

• Options

Old age makes a nice excuse to forget things.   C was a formula baby too and I think it was several months before AF came back.   Plus, it was pretty wonky for a while.  And when it did return finally return, it was with a vengeance.

And for full disclosure, my brain read this post as "Return of Air Force," not Aunt Flo.   I live right next to the AF Academy!  HA

• Options
    mwdmwd member

5 months after DS was born, EBF. 5 weeks after DS was born, she would  only take a bottle, and although I was pumping, my body knew.  The first couple were bad, but then my IUD kicked in, and it is pretty light now.  

• Options
    It is interesting that your doctor will not insert an IUD until AF returns.  I was thinking of getting an IUD and my doctor would have inserted it without AF.  If I remember correctly, I would have had to wait a bit to have it in but it wasn't dependent on AF.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD born May 25, 2009. DS born June 16, 2011. BFP #3. 10/31/12 EDD July 8, 2013
  • Options

Mine came back basically 8 weeks after I delivered. I also formula fed.

I was 39 when I had DS and went back on birth control pills (low dose).

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"