June 2013 Moms

Holy Headaches! And Tylenol?!

So, have any of you June 2013 Moms been getting daily throbbing headaches?  I go to my doctor on Friday and will ask the question but until then anyone else suffering from this?

I have a friend who is currently 7w3d and she said she got them daily until about week 5 and even took Tylenol Extra Strength x1 pill x1 a day ... I suffered a MC earlier this year and am trying to do everything by the books but have heard from many people/sources that Tylenol is safe during pregnancy!!  The ER doc during my MC even said so.  Thoughts?

I would like some relief but is it worth it?!?!?!

Re: Holy Headaches! And Tylenol?!

• it's safe

TTC since 03/2011
    BFP#1 spontaneous conception! 4/28/12 natural MC on 5/9/12
    IUI#1 with clomid and trigger on 9/12/12
    BFP#2 on 9/26/12 EDD 6/5/13
    Beta #1 143 14dpo Beta #2 343 16dpo Beta #3 920 18dpo
    Please, Please, Please stick baby!

Baby Mackenzie born 5/28/2013!

BabyFruit Ticker

• You are fine to use Tylenol.  I will!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    TTC since Dec 2011
    BFP #1 03.14.12 | EDD 11.20.12 | MC 03.25.12 (5w5d)
    BFP #2 05.05.12 | EDD 01.03.13 | CP 5.09.12

BFP #3 09.26.12 | EDD 06.05.13 | Stick baby, stick!
    Beta hCG #1: 124(13dpo), #2: 1700(18dpo), #3: 22302(25dpo)
    6wk2d u/s HB
    9wk2d u/s HB, everything still looks great! *Fingers crossed*
  • Loading the player...
  • I get headaches every morning.  I am not a big caffeine drinker so I know they are not "withdrawl" headaches.  I am really trying not to take anything, even Tylenol.  I have been drinking club soda and that has seemed to help some!  Give that a try!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I haven't been getting them this time, but I did with my last pregnancy.  I figured out my prenatal vitamins were making it worse.  I started taking them at night instead of in the morning and it helped.  And yes, Tylenol is safe as directed on the bottle.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Tylenol, even extra strength, is safe at the recommended dosage.  Even if you're trying to steer clear of caffeine, do try having a soda with it because it can really help.  Make sure you're drinking enough water.  I suffered badly with my first pregnancy and ended up on a Rx - Fioricet, that I actually still take for bad headaches.  I'm hoping it doesn't get too bad this time but I'm not counting on it.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I am prone to bad headaches so I was a little nervous giving up my excedrin but just acetaminophen seems to be doing the trick and my doctor said that was safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been getting headaches.  No fun!
  • Tylenol is safe.

I had migraine headaches for a solid month from about 16 weeks to 20 weeks with my last pregnancy. My neurologist prescribed Tylenol with codeine and it helped a lot. He told me it was likely due to changes in my hormones.

DD1 July 2010, DD2 due June 2013

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh I had AWFUL headaches with my first pregnancy and tylenol does not work for me. I ended up taking aromotherapy bubble baths (not to hot) and it helped a ton!! Eucalyptus spearmint was my go to!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I get headaches any time there is a hormonal change in my body. Back when I was on the pill my doc and I had a heck of a time trying to find just the right one that would keep me from having constant headaches. It could also be a tension headache from all the stress and the thoughts racing around in there now that you're preparing for your LO.

• I've heard that docs sometimes prescribe Tylenol with codeine during pregnancy, which took me quite by surprise and I've heard from many that it helped the moms with no affect on the babes ....

I guess if codeine is OK then I should feel OK just plain Tylenol.

Thanks everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"