Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Thing Thursday

Here we go with this week's installment, no vasectomy talk unless one of you guys bring it up!

1) Without getting too specific (unless you want to), what do you do for a living?  Is it your dream job?  If not, what would be?

2) Aside from ultrasounds and feeling the baby kick, what was/is your favorite part of pregnancy, if you have one?

3) MLB playoffs, you watching?  Your team in it?

4 and 5 are you guys.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• 1) Without getting too specific (unless you want to), what do you do for a living?  Is it your dream job?  If not, what would be?

I work as a merchandiser for the largest soft drink company on the planet.  What that means is those displays you see in the stores, every case and bottle on the shelf in the grocery stores are done by someone doing my job.  My job is not my dream job, but Alfonso Soriano keeps blocking me from my dream job of playing left field for the Cubs, that and I'm not a major league level player by any means.

2) Aside from ultrasounds and feeling the baby kick, what was/is your favorite part of pregnancy, if you have one?

For our first full pregnancy we would have what we called "Baby Wednesday".  Every Wednesday our son hit another week in the womb, so we would drive to Babies R Us and Buy, Buy Baby and look through the stores.  We did this EVERY Wednesday until she started getting so big it was uncomfortable, even though the stores had pretty much the same stuff and there were many days we wouldn't even buy anything.  We aren't doing that as frequently this time because DS1 keeps us so busy.

Catching bits and pieces.  My team was eliminated in May... the Cubs.  They stunk this year, but I expected it, I even told people in spring training if they lost less than 100 it'd be a miracle.

4) We hit the half way mark for the pregnancy of son #2.  Don't know where the time went... it goes fast when it is your first, goes even faster when you have a toddler.

5) My son is currently throwing a fit on the floor that I'm not playing "football" with him, so I'm hopping off here to make him happy and play some football with a 22 month old.

• 1) Without getting too specific (unless you want to), what do you do for a living?  Is it your dream job?  If not, what would be?

My dream job...I have no idea what that is anymore. I've had 12 different ones at different times. I have a BA in Marketing and I'm working in marketing now for a motion picture studio, it's fun and even though I'm not curing cancer...we make a lot of money and we entertain people. BUT I am ready for more, more responsibility, more independence and an opportunity to take on tasks and campaigns without the micromanaged supervision. So now I'm looking to take a leap. Since my son came 3 weeks ago I want to wait at least a month before I start looking and interviewing so my wife can have a schedule down and we can hopefully line up a nanny...but I'm itching to start looking now. 

My favorite part was probably buying baby boy clothes. I went a little crazy before he was born and he basically has a closet full of stuff up to 24 months. Good thing since he spits up and pees on everything and he needs to be changed at lease 3 times a day.  

No watching... 

4) I have a week and a half off before I head back to the office and I don't want to go back in. I like being at home taking care of my family and if you read #1, I'm not really excited about my job anymore. It's going to suck, but at least my wife has healed and is taking the lead more so I know she will be fine being at home by herself for the remained of her leave.

5) My life is slowly starting to get back to where it was before my kid came. We brought the dogs home this week (my MIL kept them for a few weeks while we got our lives together with the new kid) and I'm going to head back to the gym this week. It's been over 3 weeks and I'm the kind of guy who goes everyday for almost 2 hours before heading into the office. I definitely feel it all over and luckily I haven't worn real clothes in weeks or else I would have noticed that everything I own is a little snug. So by next week I'll have some normalcy and a kid....I can't complain. Well I don't like my job, see #1 and #4, BUT aside from that I won't complain. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...

I'm an engineer.  It's not really my dream job, but it let's me do a lot of things I really enjoy.  I have the dream of opening a small brewery some day.

Don't really have anything yet.  I'm looking forward to when she is no longer sick all the time.  I think we will both enjoy the pregnancy more at that point.

My team is in it as this writing, but that could change in about 4 hours.  Reds started strong but have lost 2 straight since coming back home.  I really hope they can pull it out today.  It's been tough to actually watch the games though because they are early in the day here on the west coast and we don't have cable.

4) We have our first appt with the OB tomorrow.  We have had a couple u/s, but haven't actually talked with her yet. This week we passed the point where we lost the first pregnancy.  My wife is hoping they can fit her in for an u/s so she can be sure that everything is still working, but it is a long shot.

5) I've mentioned a couple times that I've had to work a bunch of overtime over the last month.  Last week it stopped finally, but at a meeting this week our deadlines were moved up so overtime will start again.  I'm supposed to have tomorrow off but I will probably have to work.

I am a software engineer at a startup.  So it's intense sometimes. I'm happy with it though. To me I work in order to live, and not live to work, so this works out perfectly. 

I thought I was going to enjoy having a Designated Driver, but I don't drinking without my wife pretty much sucks.  I just feel guilty.  I actually am enjoying doing all the nursery prep work. 

Not watching, my team is out.  Although it's hard to say when the infield ends and the outfield begins for some.

4) With all the acronyms here on the Bump, sometimes it takes me a solid three read-throughs to get it.  I am not good at the short-hand reading.

5) Found out two or three neighbors are all expecting around within a few months, so I am pretty happy our LO (that took some thinking) will be playing with other little kids of the same age.

SAHD right now.  plus a referee.  I do high school and college soccer (plus club soccer in the summer) and high school basketball.

I have a teaching degree, and taught in AZ for a few years before moving back.  I'd prefer to be doing that, but the teaching climate in WI isn't ideal.

the prep work.  weird I know, but it was fun to arrange the house for the arrival.  getting a nursery going instead of just an empty room, painting, all of that stuff.

not anymore.  Braves got screwed, both by the format and the call.

4) bonus news... I quit my extremely part time job.  8 hours a week, and they seemed to be the most painful hours

5) I'm glad fall is here and things are done growing.  I was two months behind on some of my yard work, but the mower took care of more than just the grass this past weekend.  now it looks like everything is taken care of...

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • With all the acronyms here on the Bump, sometimes it takes me a solid three read-throughs to get it.  I am not good at the short-hand reading.

I can relate from time to time.  I can catch them pretty quick, but some are pretty darn confusing. 

• imagealit1030:

4) With all the acronyms here on the Bump, sometimes it takes me a solid three read-throughs to get it.  I am not good at the short-hand reading.

If there are acronyms you can't figure out, the glossary can be helpful.  It is on the bottom on the left side.  Unfortunately not everything is in there.

• Thanks.  I do think I will hold out from the acronym usage.  I prefer to speak and type full English, and not shorthand English.  The reading will still be difficult, but whatever.
  • 1) I am a Project Manager for a Healthcare Management Solution company. While it is not my dream job, I do enjoy what I am doing from time to time, depending on my workload and where in the fiscal quarter we are. My dream job would be to teach history and poli sci to college students. It was my major, and I have often wondered what it would be like to teach the things I am so passionate about.

2) We went on a babymoon to Chicago during the second trimester. It was an awesome time and I think about it all the time. It was the last trip that my wife and I went on as jsut a couple for a long, long time.

3) I LOVE baseball.  After the NFL it is all I really care about in the sports world. I am watching the games, and I love that the Reds are about to bite the big one after going up 2-0. I will prbably root for the Giants because I bleed Brewers blood and could never root for the Reds or the Cards. I suppose the Nationals could come out of this, but the Cards always seem to be the chosen ones!

4) Next weekend my son will be attending his first family reunion on my mom's side. This is a big deal in our family, and I am really looking forward to how Jacob responds to all the attention and energy. It will be 30+ people, so it will be a fun loving Irish kind of time!!

5) My mom's birthday is today.  I love you mom, and Jacob cannot wait to see you tonite! 

• imageuws22:

1) Without getting too specific (unless you want to), what do you do for a living?  Is it your dream job?  If not, what would be?

SAHD right now.  plus a referee.  I do high school and college soccer (plus club soccer in the summer) and high school basketball.

I have a teaching degree, and taught in AZ for a few years before moving back.  I'd prefer to be doing that, but the teaching climate in WI isn't ideal.

the prep work.  weird I know, but it was fun to arrange the house for the arrival.  getting a nursery going instead of just an empty room, painting, all of that stuff.

not anymore.  Braves got screwed, both by the format and the call.

4) bonus news... I quit my extremely part time job.  8 hours a week, and they seemed to be the most painful hours

5) I'm glad fall is here and things are done growing.  I was two months behind on some of my yard work, but the mower took care of more than just the grass this past weekend.  now it looks like everything is taken care of...

My wife is a school psychologist in MPS. I know down in some parts of SE Wisconsin there are some positions here and there, but I can only imagine. I don't know where you are in the state, but depending on your technical savvy, we are always looking for people in my company. 

IM me and let me know if you have any experience in creating learning docs and content focusing on software solutions. We do need some instructors, and we do hire former educators for such roles.

• Here we go with this week's installment, no vasectomy talk unless one of you guys bring it up!

I own hydraulic fabrication shop. We install and paint tow truck bodies to new chassis to meet customer specifications. We also make repairs to customer trucks and fabricate custom pieces.

We're only 5 weeks in, we have our ultrasound appointment this week so i'm sure that will be it.

I watch but i'm not really rooting for anyone in particular. I'm in South Florida so my hometown team (Marlins) suck so bad it doesn't matter lol

4) I'm working downstairs on my laptop right now and my dog (60 lb dog) is laying next to me and OMG he has the WORST gas ever. Like something is dead in his ass my god...

5) Probably TMI here so be warned lol. I threw something away in the garbage can we have outside our downstairs bathroom. When I put my hand in the trash to throw it away, I hit something sticky. I looked down and I was aghast to see a "liner" in there, and no i'm not talking about the trash can liner here fellas. Anyway, as I started to freak out I realized that it was "sticky" side up so I felt a little better. Just asked her to wrap them up next time. She did get a good laugh at the look on my face :)

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"