VBAC
Options

Failed VBAC...but feeling ok about it

Hi ladies

Wanted to update that I went into labor Thursday  and labored at home until about 2am when I called and went in.  I was already 5cm when I went in and even though I labored for about 8 hours I didnt dilate!  Finally at 6am I progressed.  Got my epidural at 8am and they broke my water.  I started pushing at 10:30 am and he was moving down but then got stuck. We tried every position possible.  Then my contractions started to fade out so my dr gave me a whiff of pit to get them closer.  By this point I had spiked a fever and was feeling crapoy.  I also knew in my heart he wasn't going to move down.  We tried a few more times and then I talked with dh and we made the decision to do the csection.  In that time my Bp dropped and fever spiked and his heart rate dropped.  My OB got worried about uterine rupture so we had to go back to the OR fast.  They got him out fast but discovered that my uterus had adhered to my bladder.  Either during pushing or surgery, the bladder developed a tear.  So then this needed to be repaired but they had to call a urologist.  Meanwhile, I am shaking from all the stuff happening to me/drugs and throwing up.  The surgery ended up being 4 hours.  DS was luckily just fine and I had the bladder repaired during this time, which is lucky because if I had a successful VBAC I would have probably ended up in the OR for the bladder anyway...which would have been horrible!

While disappointed about the failed VBAC I am proud that I tried and really did feel supported. I already feel better physically and mentally than I did last time even though this delivery was much more stressful!  I will have to see the urologist a few times and I have to wear a catheter for a few weeks, which I think is going to be the biggest pain, but I am thankful that my son is healthy and so am I.

Thank you for the VBAC resources and support.  I hope others have the successful VBAC that they were hoping for! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Failed VBAC...but feeling ok about it

• Options
    Congrats on your new LO! I'm so sorry you had a really rough time!
  • Options
    Oh wow, that sounds intense! I'm sorry your VBAC didn't work out. Hope it's a quick recovery, and congrats on the new baby!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With both babies I labored, got to 10 and babies got stuck in the pelvis/birth canal.  So in the end I feel a little better that my first birth was a justified c-section.  Wondering if I should have just done the RCS and then I wouldn't have this bladder thing but I think i would have always wondered if I could have vbaced.  So hopefully I recover the way that they told me I will and in a few weeks I can start being a real mom and not a patient!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Wishing you a speedy recovery.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your new baby!  I'm sorry to hear it was a rough delivery and I hope you recover quickly.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks. I had a rough delivery the last time as hoped that a VBAC would make for a smoother transition. No such luck I guess. I think the hardest part is not being able to enjoy the birth/first days as much as I would like to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"