June 2011 Moms
Options

RFing in the winter

I'm curious as to what others are doing for the winter. If you're planning on keeping your LO RFing until 2 yrs old,  how are you going to deal with wet boots, etc on the back of your seat? I'll probably have to just keep an old towel in the truck all winter! Or is there something on the market that you can put on the seat? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RFing in the winter

• Options

This:

https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=538157&cmSource=Search

I don't see LO walking in the snow with boots this winter, but this would work if he did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I am not anticipating much of an issue with this.  If she does have wet boots, they'll come off before she is strapped in much the same as I remove her coat before strapping her in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm already dealing with this because the ground is pretty moist here in WA and DD's sneakers are usually quite dirty after the park. I've just been taking them off for now.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options

imageSunidaze:
    I am not anticipating much of an issue with this.  If she does have wet boots, they'll come off before she is strapped in much the same as I remove her coat before strapping her in.

this exactly

• Options

I picked up something similar to what mammabear posted at marshalls. it is for the back of the front seat and we use it for when my DS tends to put his feet up :(

It is a 2 pack so we were thinking of securing it to where DD's feet will land since she'll be RF. If that doesn't work, the shoes will come off in the car.

• Options

The one day I dealt with muddy wet shoes I just took them off. Even if I put something on the carseat back (heck even if she was FF) she'd get dirt all over the carseat, and it's way too big of a pain to remove and wash that thing all the time!

I just put a fleece baby blanket in my car this week in case of emergency stripdown in the cold :)

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Haha okay, looks like I'll be removing her boots when she gets in the car then! DH nearly had a heart attack yesterday when he saw her muddy shoe prints on his leather LOL
  • Options
    I actually haven't had a though about this, but could you make something out of an old towel?  I am thinking of taking a hand/kitchen towel, putting a ribbon or strap on top that would go over the head rest (kind of like an old school tie bib) and tucking the other part down behind the lower part of the car seat (near where his feet would be).  That way, it would be easily washable.  I read that the seat protectors that go under the carseat impact the safety of the seat, but don't remember where I read that. (Perhaps a parenting magazine?)
  • Options

imageklingb52:
    I actually haven't had a though about this, but could you make something out of an old towel?  I am thinking of taking a hand/kitchen towel, putting a ribbon or strap on top that would go over the head rest (kind of like an old school tie bib) and tucking the other part down behind the lower part of the car seat (near where his feet would be).  That way, it would be easily washable.  I read that the seat protectors that go under the carseat impact the safety of the seat, but don't remember where I read that. (Perhaps a parenting magazine?)

This is actually a good description of what we have but instead of cotton material it is more of a "wipeable" material for lack of a better term.

• Options

I didn't want to put anything under the car seat since it's not recommended so I picked these up.

www.amazon.com/Brica-Pack-Kick-Mats-Black/dp/B004L2JJC8/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1349891487&sr=8-16&keywords=brica

They are suppose to be for the back of the front seat for forward facing kiddos, but it works great on the seat for rear facing too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageEm&Jon:

I didn't want to put anything under the car seat since it's not recommended so I picked these up.

www.amazon.com/Brica-Pack-Kick-Mats-Black/dp/B004L2JJC8/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1349891487&sr=8-16&keywords=brica

They are suppose to be for the back of the front seat for forward facing kiddos, but it works great on the seat for rear facing too. 

I just ordered one! Thanks :)

• Options
    I never even thought of wet boots!! Em will stay RF. I'll have to check out all of your suggestions.
  • Options

imageamypogg6:
    I never even thought of wet boots!! Em will stay RF. I'll have to check out all of your suggestions.

I only thought of it a couple of days ago when we were putting Zoey in her car seat after she had been running around on the wet grass! And DH goes "Omg, look at the leather!" And then he threatened to turn her FFing ::eye roll:: LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"