Houston Babies

Due May 22, 2013 and i am scared!

This isn't my first child but I am still nervous and scared! Does anybody know how to break the news to my Dad?? He is kind of a hard man and I don't know how to broach the subject with him!! PLEASE HELP!!

Re: Due May 22, 2013 and i am scared!

• Depending on how old you are, I would just come out and tell it like it is. Hard man or not you are still pregnant and the baby is not going anywhere. By the way my due date is May 23rd  :)

I am 34 years old and my dad is pretty hard himself. Just tell it like it is and even express your concerns with him. He is your dad and loves you no matter what.

• My dad is a bit "hard"  himself.  I was REALLY nervous to tell him.  My husband and I ended up taking him out to dinner, just the 3 of us.  As soon as we sat down, I just told him.  He just looked at me and said "what?"  My husband repeated it.  He sat back and didn't say anything.  Then, he totally changed the subject, and I was sitting there thinking this was a disaster.  After about 20 minutes, he said "you know, having a kid is going to be a BIG change"  Ha!

It took him about a week before it really sunk in.   I think it's important to just realize it might take time :)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm due May 19th and I am very scared as well! We lost twins earlier this year and this pregnancy was a total surprise because we aren't supposed to be able to get pregnant on our own. Our twins were via IVF. I'm trying to just stay calm but it's hard :(
    BabyName Ticker Married September 4, 2010 First IVF Cycle January 2012 - Success! Twin Boys due Sept 2012! March 2012 - lost our boys within a week of eachother October 2012 - Surprise! Pregnant naturally! Due June 2013. It's a boy!
  • It is really hard to stay calm, but I just remind myself to do everything I can.  Try not to stress, eat right, take my vitamins, and trust in my body.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ladies you should check out the May 2013 board.  I love my June board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"