Military Families
Options

Schedule Issue

My DH is in the guard and goes on short deployments fairly often. I'm mostly a SAHM but I do work one evening a week. Currently my DH is gone for a week. I'm supposed to work while he's away but won't be able to because we have no child care. We are not near family and I'm not ready to leave my 5 month old with a sitter yet. Not to mention I work 7pm-1am so it's not like there are a ton of options for that time of night anyway. I spoke to my manager and she said if I don't find someone to cover me then I'll have an unexcused absence. I think after 5 of these comes a written warning and then one more is fired. I know my husband is protected under the soliders and sailors act but is there any help for us? I was very honest with my boss when I was pregnant that we don't have child care here and there may be issues. She seemed supportive (her husband is retired military) but now that I'm having an issue I feel like there's no support from her. Just wondering if anyone knew of any options. TIA!!!

Re: Schedule Issue

• Options
    Been there done that. Do what you have to do- your family comes first. I believe there is some sort of FMLA for military spouses but as far as I know you would have to use it in one chunk and you can only use it once per year. I was offered this at my last job but they ended up just helping me out schedule wise without having to do it. I totally understand. Do your best to cover your shift but if you cant just be honest with her - hopefully shell see that you put in some effort and will be willing to help you out. I totally understand. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"