Postpartum Depression

Just made the call...

Just called my doctor and told them I think I may be suffering from postpartum depression... waiting for a call back. Apparently when you call and tell them that they kind of jump and want you to come in right away... sheesh, I'm depressed not insane....
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just made the call...

• Good for you! I've been putting off making the call...  I was JUST there last week for my back, the week before because I thought DS had an ear infection, and before that for my back as well...  I feel like a freakin' hypochondriac!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good for you! I hope you get some help soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Good for taking the steps to get help.  I actually put off and put off calling, I honestly didn't know my issues were PPD.  I set up my annual exam with the intention of talking to my doctor about how I'd been feeling thinking it was a hormone imbalance or something they would do blood work for or that she would send me to someone who could help me, and lo and behold.  I feel so much better after only a month of meds.  Now I just need to have some sort of sex drive back...
  • Glad you called! It's a hard first step, at least for me. I just kept thinking I would feel better and some days I did. They do take it pretty seriously, it can really hit some people hard. Honestly, there were times when I thought I couldn't take it anymore and wondered how I was going to get out of bed for the next feeding or deal with her next round of crying. Luckily I never felt like I wanted to hurt myself or her but I felt just so completely depressed and kind of hopeless. Thank goodness that a little therapy and meds can make a huge difference. Hope you feel better soon!

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • imageFirstSchatz:
    Good for you! I've been putting off making the call...  I was JUST there last week for my back, the week before because I thought DS had an ear infection, and before that for my back as well...  I feel like a freakin' hypochondriac!

That's what happened with me too. I had Mastitis, 2 plugged ducts, allergic reactions...I felt bizarre when I finally called and said I think I had a problem with PPD/PPA.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I called and left a message and they called back on my cell 3x in a row, then on my work line. They take it very seriously!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"