New to The Bump
Options

Find a hospital then a doctor??

Hi!  I'm new to the bump and I'm not pregnant.  My ob/gyn is no longer delivering, so I'd like to find a new ob/gyn before we TTC.  My ob/gyn did give me two hospitals that she recommended and I've narrowed it down to one.  This seems silly to ask, but I should just search the hospital's list of doctors by practice and then call to see if I can schedule an appointment and see if they take our insurance - does that sound right?  

Re: Find a hospital then a doctor??

• Options
    I didn't really go about it in that way necessarily. I also checked my insurance website and first looked at available doctors and tried to look up reviews. However, I would not have chosen a doctor if they worked at a hospital that I was strongly against giving birth at. I love my doctor, but I may need to change in the future because she's a bit far and I'm not sure I could manage all the stairs and walking if I were heavily pregnant. If it comes to that, I'd ask for recommendations from the doctor and go from there, checking reviews, location, and finalizing based on hospital affiliation.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • Options

Hi there.

I'm still looking myself, as my current obgyn is in another city. I've made a list by starting with the drs on my insurance search page narrowed down by hospital affiliation, and am researching them from there.

The reason I chose to do it this way is because checking the insurance from dr to dr can be such an unbelievable headache (not to mention that my last dr did NOT accept my insurance- unhappy surprise) and the hospitals in my area differ greatly in the maternity services they provide.

Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"