Health & Exercise
Options

A year later

Hey mommies! My DS just turned a year old! He has changed so much this past year, but i feel im still that fat, frumpy mommy i was when i delivered him. I have been going to the gym about 23 times a week since January, doing cardio and weights but i still feel i am the same size! I do not feel i overeat or eat terribly. I do work nights as a nurse, and take care of my son during the day. So i am not sure if the hormonal imbalance with not sleeping correctly is causing me to hold onto this weight. I cannot always get to the gym, but I do have a gazelle at home i try and do on days when im not working, when DS is asleep during naps for about 30 min. Do you all have any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? Or any suggestions on what worked for you??

Re: A year later

• Options

How much weight do you have to lose? It seems to me that the closer you are to a healthy weight the harder it can be to lose that last 5lbs. If you look at my ticker you'll see I've lost a fair bit, but equally I had a fair bit to lose, if that makes sense.

Are you BF? Some women find BF makes the weight fall off, while some people find their body clings to the fat until they stop BF.

Have you really analysed what you're eating? kept a food journal? Looked at portion size? checked how many calories you need vs what you're taking in? I've been doing WW which I've found really useful to work out how much I really need. It can be easy to eat more than you realise especially when you're busy and perhaps snack here and there. I know there are a number of free online resources that allow you to track your eating.

Also maybe look at how your body has changed and consider if your goal is realistic. Not saying Mums can't be in fantastic shape and look amazing and sexy, but sometimes childbearing changes our bodies in a way that can't be undone.

Good luck. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    You know, I didn't really start getting it together until right around my LOs first birthday.  I just quit making excuses of why I couldn't work out (i mean, c'mon, I have a gym at work and we have a y membership) and really started watching what I put in my body.  I know that probably doesn't help you, but it has worked for me.  I recently (like just last week) found an app on my phone (and have since downloaded it on my kindle as well called 'Workout Trainer' by Skimble.  It is a free app (of course, there are upgrades if you purchase it) and has lots of different workouts.  I haven't really used it yet since I do get to the gym a lot, but for someone who isn't able to, this could be a really good tool (in addition to workout dvds, VOD workout videos, etc.).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both for your replies. I have used myfitnesspal to track what i have been eating and i have been pretty much in my calorie range most weeks. I gained 25lb when i was preg, and i am about 15lbs away from pre preg weight. I am no longer BFing. I will try that app you were talking about. I am hoping to switch to evening shifts this next month, so I am wondering if that has more to do with it than i think. Thank u both for your thoughts and support!
  • Options
    18 months later and under pre preg weight and I still want a tummy tuck!  no matter how hard you may work out like I have things just are not the same
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am having a hard time, too, and it's not like I'm obese. I think I have it in my head that I should be where I was pre-2-babies. Let's be honest - maybe this is the new normal for me!? At least, that is my answer for today. The only way I can drop the 10-15 pounds I want to drop would be to work out about an hour per day, and I just haven't been able to do that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"