Eco-Friendly Family
Options

antibacterial dish soap recipes?

Anyone have any natural antibacterial dish soap recipes that they love? Please share!

ETA: for hand washing dishes- we don't have a dish washer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: antibacterial dish soap recipes?

• Options

Dr. Bronner's and a rinse w/ vinegar and water.

I have to keep reminding myself when I use it that bubbles don't = clean...  I miss the sink full of bubbles!

Also using baking soda to scrub off food bits stuck to pans etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagetjkdlhb:

Dr. Bronner's and a rinse w/ vinegar and water.

I have to keep reminding myself when I use it that bubbles don't = clean...  I miss the sink full of bubbles!

Also using baking soda to scrub off food bits stuck to pans etc.

So do you spray all the dishes with vinegar & water and let dry? or do you rinse with plain water after? also how much do you dilute the vinegar? 

Are there any other ways to kill the germs? DH hates the smell of vinegar, and I even had to add orange oil to the vinegar/water/soap household cleaner, because he refused to use it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a double sink, so I wash in dr. bronner's in one sink and fill the other sink about halfway full with water and add a cup or so of vinegar to it.  I rinse them in there and then dry them.(or get DH to dry Stick out tongue)  I think spraying them with vinegar/water would work too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Call me old-fashioned...but I think soap, hot water, air dry is all the "antibacterial" needed.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    antibacterial soap is not needed for dishes, I agree with the people recommend vinegar.  We need common bacteria to develop immunity.    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"