Pre-School and Daycare

Hair products for curly hair?

My son has the most beautiful curly hair. On special occasions I would like to use a hair product to bring them out even more ( and to control them). Anyone know which products are kid friendly and your most favorite? TIA

Re: Hair products for curly hair?

• I would try John Frieda serum. It's not designed for kids, but its very light and not chemically. Scrunch it in when his hair is wet. I use products in my kids hair with no problems.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We use Suave kids detangling spray on DD's hair since I find that when it dries it really solidifies her curls and holds them somewhat like a mouse or hairspray would, without making her hair crusty.

We've also used johnson and johnson's extra conditioning shampoo (it's in the blue bottle) and recently switched to suave's 2in1 shampoo/conditioner (it had dora on the front and DD had to have it). I find that the extra conditioner really helps with the curls too.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use the suave detangle spray and argon oil in DS2's hair. We use CA baby products still because DS1 has sensitive skin.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I use Garnier Fructis Moroccan Argan oil on DD's curls.  It makes them ringlet-y and shiny without being crunchy or greasy :) 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I have been using Mixed Chicks (I think that's what it is called) detangler spray.  It's more natural than the suave I used to use.  I also use their conditioner in the bathtub, comb through it and then rinse.  The key is to try not to do any brushing of the hair.  I use a comb and the spray to get the tangles out.  Then I use Deva Curl lavendar mist to help rejuvenate the curls.  I also take my DD to a stylist that actually specializes in curly hair.  It's ridiculous but she has the most beautiful Shirley Temple curls and I love them.  My son's hair hasn't become as curly yet, but I love what curls he does have and would do the same if they keep coming.
  • Deva curl and curly hair solutions/curl keeper are both for real curly hair products that are known for be light on the chemicals (parabens free etc).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check out www.naturallycurly.com va care and curly hair solutions/curl keeper are both for real curly hair products without the paragons etc that you get with Johnson and Jonson etc. Devacare is a no poo no sulfate formula (I think chs is also). Check outthe website :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use an Ouidad spray for my daughter's curly hair almost every day. It really defines her curls vs. the frizz that she usually wakes up with :)
    Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"