Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Crib Bedding, Do we really need it!?

Just as the title states. I can't find anything that I'm in love with for a reasonable price.. and I can't bear to spend 200-300 on something that I really cant use, or won't use.. Bumper pads are out of the question and I much prefer to use minky blankets then those comforters

Anyone else debating on getting crib bedding!? I am sticking with a color scheme but I really could use the money elsewhere...

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Crib Bedding, Do we really need it!?

• Options
    I agree with you completely. I bought a crib set for my first...big waste of money. This time around I ordered a custom blanket on etsy paired with a couple of crib sheets. Cute, modern, and practical.
    M/C#1-5/2/2009 M/C#2- 10/1/2009 BFP#3- 4/7/10! EDD 12/22/10 Riggs born 12/25/10 8lbs 5 oz 21 inches :) BFP: 4/2/2012 EDD 12/16/2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted something because I think it's a big part of the room (esthetically speaking) but didn't like most bedding sets out there because they are too busy. I ended up purchasing a fitted sheet, skirt and quilt from Pottery Barn (Harper Collection).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNutella1979:
    I wanted something because I think it's a big part of the room (esthetically speaking) but didn't like most bedding sets out there because they are too busy. I ended up purchasing a fitted sheet, skirt and quilt from Pottery Barn (Harper Collection).

This is exactly what I did. We got the mini dot fitted sheet, Harper quilt, and Harper bed skirt. It looks great and I don't feel like we have a bunch of bedding we don't need.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am getting a fitted sheet and bedskirt, but don't get the purpose of the quilt, since you can't put it on or in the crib. What do you do with the quilt? I'm not trying to be snarky - this is a serious question. Those quilts are pricey!
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    All you need is a fitted sheet.  Get a crib skirt if you want to dress it up a bit.  There are a lot of shops on etsy that make custom crib skits in really nice fabrics.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    As far as bedding goes, I ordered a mattress protector, a fitted sheet (plus a few extras), and a crib skirt (crib skirt isn't necessary, but it is safe and cute). I also bought a throw blanket to drape over the loveseat in our nursery, but I will not be putting it in the crib.
    Twins November 2012!

• Options

imagekellyrn9956:
    I am getting a fitted sheet and bedskirt, but don't get the purpose of the quilt, since you can't put it on or in the crib. What do you do with the quilt? I'm not trying to be snarky - this is a serious question. Those quilts are pricey!

We got the quilt just because it matches the crib skirt and I want to use it later when LO is older. For now we just have it draped over the recliner. They are pricey though, my Mom bought it for us :-) 

• Options
    Definitely don't "need" it, but mine doesn't come with the bumper and I plan to use everything else so I registered for it. If no one gets it, I'll still buy it. The comforter I plan to use on the ground during tummy time.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never bought a bedding set for DS, just a few fitted crib sheets. His pediatrician told us not to use bumpers or blankets. I made a crib skirt, but it was too long when I lowered the mattress once DS could pull himself up.  
  • Options
    imagekristen218:

imagekellyrn9956:

We got the quilt just because it matches the crib skirt and I want to use it later when LO is older. For now we just have it draped over the recliner. They are pricey though, my Mom bought it for us :-) 

Exactly. I didn't want to wait to buy the quilt because when the baby is older (2.5 years???) the quilt might be discontinued. I want it for the toddler bed (the crib converts into one).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

No.  I used my money elsewhere to decorate the nursery (wall prints, area rug, curtains).  I got plain white crib sheets that could be bleached after diaper blow-outs.  To dress up the crib area, I bought fabric I really liked and made my own crib skirt.  Its exactly the style/look I wanted for a fraction of the cost of what I could find online, and only took like 2 evenings after dinner to make.

Here's a SUPER easy tutorial.  I used my $40 crappy craft sewing machine, although this tutorial is 'no sew' using that iron on tape.  You use velcro stickers to attach it to the crib, and can just keep adjusting as needed as you start lowering the mattress.

https://jessicademaio.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-make-no-sew-crib-skirt.html

• Options
    My MIL and I are making a grey and white chevron crib skirt, matching curtains and a few pillows (formthe rocker) and then I'm buying yellow fitted crib sheets. Our LO will wear sleep sacks so I'm not purchasing a quilt or blanket until later.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Like many of the PPs, we skipped the bedding sets and just bought cute sheets. For an infant, that's all you need. Now that my DD is a toddler, she does sleep with a blanket, but she has a beautiful personalized one someone got her as a gift. When we convert the crib to a toddler bed in about six to nine months, I'll let her pick out her own bedding as a "big girl" present.
  • Options

We just bought a few fitted sheets. I didn't buy a quilt and I'm glad that we skipped it because we just transitioned from the crib directly into a twin bed, even though our crib converts into a toddler bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I bought a crib skirt, a few nice sheets, and a quilt from PBK.   The quilt looked nice folded over the railing during the day....looked like I "made the bed"   The skirt was just to make the crib look pretty.

I spent about 150 on the separates.  

We were on team green for my 1st.   I had girl and boy bedding picked out and ordered the bedding after DS was born.   If #2 was a girl we would have purchased new bedding but we got to reuse it for DS2.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"