Food Allergy

are hylands or camilia teething drops/tablets dairy/soy free

i wasn't sure about the hyland's so i found camilia at whole foods & bought those which are drops. are either/both of these brands dairy/soy free. 

Re: are hylands or camilia teething drops/tablets dairy/soy free

• The hylands definitely are, it even states so on the box, I've never bought the camilia ones however the ingredients should be listed.

• Hylands teething tablets are in a base of lactose... thats what helps it dissolve. NOT DAIRY FREE.

https://www.hylandsteething.com/products/

However Humphreys teething tablets do not use lactose and are dairy free. Thats what I used with DS.

I'm not familiar with camilia drops. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • Direct from the faq on their website... I don't know if my baby is dairy intolerant. Is that a problem with Hyland?s teething products? No. The inactive ingredient in Hyland?s Teething Tablets, ?Lactose N.F.? (stands for "National Formulary"), is a pharmaceutical grade lactose. While it is formulated from cow's milk, it is completely purified of milk proteins, making it safe for lactose intolerant and dairy allergic people, including infants and children. People who are lactose intolerant have not yet developed the enzymes to digest lactose. Our products contain about 64 milligrams of lactose (the sugar from cow's milk ? no protein is used) per tablet. While everyone is different, most lactose intolerant individuals need to ingest 5000 mg of lactose before they experience symptoms of intolerance. With this large margin of safety, there is rarely a problem with our products when being used as directed on the label. If your physician has determined that you are specifically "Allergic to Lactose", you should avoid our tablets. If you are very concerned, seek the advice of a licensed health care professional before using this product. Hyland?s Teething Gel is completely lactose-free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"