1st Trimester

Can you feel your baby's flutters at 8 weeks?

I am 8 weeks prego and feel these flutter sensations in my tummy. Can you feel your baby's movements that soon in your pregnancy??

Kara

Re: Can you feel your baby's flutters at 8 weeks?

• Fart. The feeling should go away.
  • No you can't.  What you're feeling is either gas or muscle twitches.  Think about where you're feeling it and then remember that the baby is literally still down behind your pubic bone.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • definitely not the baby. sorry!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• imageMrsNorry:
    Fart. The feeling should go away.

Hahah 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The baby is moving a ton at 8 weeks. Unfortunately, the baby is much too tiny for you to feel it yet. Don't worry, in another 10-14 weeks, you will feel them all the time. For now, the sensation you are feeling is most likely gas.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Nah.. can't say that I've ever felt my seed sized baby fluttering behind my pubic bone.

*Julie* Wife to Micheal and mama of 5, soon to be 6!* Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMrsNorry:

Dead.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • imageMrsNorry:

Ahhhhh hahahahahaha!!!!

Sorry OP, I'm so not laughing at you, but MrsNOrrys comment was the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Baby is too teeny to be felt at 8 weeks.  I think I felt dd around 15-16 weeks and that was considered early by some for a first pregnancy 

-------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Nope. Sorry.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't feel my Ds until I was about 18 or so weeks. Even then, I didn't feel him very often. It wasn't until I was closer to 30 weeks until I could really feel all his movements. And I'm a tiny person.

• Ive had several ultrasounds since we used IVF and I definitely cant feel any movement. And baby is all over the place, so if you could feel it this early, I should be feeling it. Cant wait until I can feel it though!
    image. IVF July 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • OP, as the others have said, it's probably just gas bubbles or muscle twitches. I'm 8 weeks along and I know I've definitely been feeling muscle twitches as things stretch out and adjust in there. :)
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBliss+Berry:
    Um, no.  And also Pregnant = having a baby.  Prego = a jar of disgusting sauce.

Yes

It's just gas.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No. But I did feel DS3 at 12 weeks. I didn't believe it myself, but I asked my doctor and he said ya it happens faster with each. Plus I weighed 100lbs. I don't think 8 weeks would be possible. I still can't believe 12 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Just gas.
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHerHighness:

imageMrsNorry:

Ahhhhh hahahahahaha!!!!

Sorry OP, I'm so not laughing at you, but MrsNOrrys comment was the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Baby is too teeny to be felt at 8 weeks.  I think I felt dd around 15-16 weeks and that was considered early by some for a first pregnancy 

I'm dying laughing. I think thought that the next time I fart, I will tell DH that it was the baby moving...

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"