Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

What time does your toddler wake up?

My 19 month old son goes to bed around 7:30 pm and use to wake around 7 am. Over the past month, that wake up time has become earlier and earlier. It was 6:30, then closer to 6:00 and for the last week it has been 5:30 am. I'm was ok with 66:30 wake up but now I feel 5:30 is too early. What do you think? Is there anyway to remedy my early riser?
I've tried extending his bedtime a bit but that doesn't seem to change the time of wake up.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What time does your toddler wake up?

• LO went through something like that this summer- his nap times were all messed up, plus we would let him sleep in til 9 but FIL (babysitter) woke him up at 7:30- his clock got all messed up. Just try to be consistent and unless he is having a melt-down, I'd leave him in his crib until you think a good wake-up time is. Is his room totally dark (black out shades)? Do you have a fan or noise machine? If not, I'd look into those things.

My LO generally goes to bed around 8:30 and wakes up between 8:45-9:15. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I do have black out shades, but we use a little fish tank as a nightlight and it does make a bit of white noise with the filter. I'm hoping it's just a phase. I've tried extending his bedtime to 8:30 but it has no affect on his wake up :
  • Loading the player...
  • imageejlynch:
    I do have black out shades, but we use a little fish tank as a nightlight and it does make a bit of white noise with the filter. I'm hoping it's just a phase. I've tried extending his bedtime to 8:30 but it has no affect on his wake up :

The light from the tank may be catching his attention so he wakes up fully when he wakes up rather than going right back to sleep. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imageXcrisscrossX:

imageejlynch:
    I do have black out shades, but we use a little fish tank as a nightlight and it does make a bit of white noise with the filter. I'm hoping it's just a phase. I've tried extending his bedtime to 8:30 but it has no affect on his wake up :

The light from the tank may be catching his attention so he wakes up fully when he wakes up rather than going right back to sleep. 

I will try having the light off for a couple nights and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • I don't know what it is, but both my kids have always had a sleep regression - usually around the time of DST (spring/fall season change).  I have no idea why, but apparently my kids aren't the only ones.  A lot of my friends kids have had this sleep regression issue as well.  They usually get back on track at some point but, I agree, the early morning wake up stinks.  Ours is about 5:30 as well.  Just keep being consistent and, as pp said, as long as LO isn't screaming for you (if you hear them playing or just moving around) leave him in the bed until you're ready to get him.  I can usually get another hour out of LO.
  • DS has been pretty consistent since he was about 11 months.  Down at 8:30 up at 6:15
  • Both my kids wake up between 7-7:30.  They go to bed between 7:30-8.  If DD wakes up earlier, I leave her, she'll usually go back to sleep.  DS will come in our room when he wakes up, it's harder to get him to go back to sleep, so we usually get up with him earlier which happens once in a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wake up at 6am for work during the week and he will usually wake up from hearing me get up.  On the weekend he will typically sleep in until 7am.  He currently has an ear infection and as is typical when he's sick he slept in this morning until 9:30am.  He goes to bed at 8pm every night.
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Down around 6:00-6:30pm and up between 4:45-5:45am.  Perfect for work days, not so perfect for a tired mama and daddy on weekends. :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Bedtime is 7:30, and she wakes up between 6:15-6:30 everyday. It's been this way for months and months. Only small change was a few weeks ago for about 2 weeks when she slept until 7 (I think it was just a growth spurt), but those glory days are over.
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• She wakes up at 7ish.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He goes to bed at 8 and wakes around 7. Every so often, we go through a phase where he wakes up earlier for no reason. Luckily, it's generally just a phase and we power through it knowing it'll end soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 5:30am wakeup is normal for us. She goes to bed at 7:30pm and takes a two hour nap during the day.

My mom said I had the same schedule; some kids are just early risers.
  • Bedtime between 8-8:30, wake up around 8:30 in the morning.

I've read that if they are over-tired when you put them down, they will wake up earlier not later like we would think. This is very true of my LO. Pushing your LO's bedtime back may be making it worse. Get him to bed earlier, make sure he's had his nap and give it a few days. I'll bet he's back to a 7 a.m. wake-up time.

• She is asleep between 8 and 8:30 p.m. She wakes between 6:30 and 7:15.

I've not found a magic trick to helping her sleep longer or later. Earlier bed time, later bed time... nothing seems to work consistently, so we stick with putting her in bed at 8:00 since that seems to be her "happy place".

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• My son has always gone to bed at 7 but for the past two weeks has been waking up at 4 am instead of his usual 5:30-6am...hoping this is a phase that ends soon!
  • Bedtime is 8 pm. Both kids wake around 8:30-9:30 am.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Usually 6:30 (DC d/o is at 7). I have a 6:00 cut-off. If she wakes up before 6, I give her some milk, change her diaper and put her back to bed.
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"