Birth Stories

Aurelia's {much easier} Arrival

XP on September 2012:

On my due date - September 23rd - I started having sharp abdominal pains around 10:30 AM. They weren't like regular contractions, so I really wasn't sure what to do. Once it was pretty much like constant pain we headed to the hospital (around 2 PM). I was only 2 cm dilated, but baby's heart rate was elevated and all of a sudden I started throwing up so they admitted me.

Things sped up after they broke my water and I got an epidural around 7:30 PM. I went from 5 cm to 10 cm in a couple hours and pushed for 5 minutes. For all 5 of those minutes I thought that everything down there was going to bust open and I ordered DH not to look because I didn't want to see his face when it happened! Aurelia Ellen was born at 11:01 PM, weighing in at 7 lbs 3.3 oz and 20 in. Somehow I didn't tear at all.

After having an induction due to a slow leak with DD that led to 4 hours of pushing and a rough recovery, I can't believe how different it was this time around. No tearing, and I've only had minimal bleeding, soreness, and cramping. If all future deliveries could be like this I think I'd have 6 kids lol...

Ridiculous confession: after finding out I didn't tear, no joke I said, "VAGINA OF STEEL!" ::shakes head at self:: I think the epi made me a tad bit loopy.

More details and photos on my blog: https://www.growingupgeeky.com/2012/09/aurelias-birth-story.html
image  image
Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3

Re: Aurelia's {much easier} Arrival

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"