Single Parents
Options

no commitment

My BD is someone I met about 2 months before I got pregnant. He pursued me and I decided to give him a chance. We started seeing each other without actually making anything official and then things changed. As my feelings for him got stronger, he started pulling away. By the time I decided I was just going to give up on it, I found out I was pregnant. He has said he will be supportive and cares, but he never seems to show it. He never even bothers to ask how I'm feeling. We still spend lots of time together and practically all of his and my friends think we're together because of how things are between us, but he won't commit to an actual relationship. I can't tell if its a fear of commitment or what. I am just really confused and need some advice. I've begun to worry. If he can't even commit to me, how will he commit our baby. He says he'll be there, but I'm having a hard time believing it. He says he'll do a lot of things and he doesn't always back them up.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: no commitment

• Options

Well maybe its time you two have an open and honest conversation about your future.  Him sending you mixed signals isn't really doing anything for you, and just adding more confusion to your enhanced emotional state.  If the conversation ends with him saying that he doesn't want a relationship with you, you'll have to accept it and figure out your own future from there.

Let him know how your feeling as well, let him know that it hurts your feelings about him not asking how you feel. 

But just because he may not want a relationship with you or commit to you, that does not mean he will not commit to his child.  And you won't really have an answer to that until the child is born.  But you'll have to give him the benefit of the doubt on the fatherhood front, even a lousy boyfriend can be a great dad.

• Options
    I am in a very similar situation. BF and I were dating half a year, kinda rocky but committed when we found out we were expecting. BF is not the same person I fell for and it is tearing us apart. Its hard. I don't want to be in a relationship just because I'm pregnant... if you want to chat more personally, have someone to vent to in a similar situation, I'd be glad to by PM or e-mail or something. Good luck, mommy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have a serious conversation with him explaining how you feel and if he doesn't want to commit to you move on! Its better to do it now then when your child is born asking for its daddy and him leaving you both because he doesnt want the relationship like you do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"