Nurseries and Baby Gear

Recommend a waterproof diaper bag

So I have a really nice diaper bag that my mom made but it's not waterproof. I'm looking for recommendations for a waterproof diaper bag that doesn't scream "I have a baby". I'd like one that's not too small or too big. Oh and the more affordable the better (like $80 or less).The worst part is I have to shop online since I live in bfe and have no stores around to shop at.Thanks in advance for your suggestions! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend a waterproof diaper bag

• My first suggestion isn't an actual diaper bag. I had a sling daypack backpack from our local outdoor store MEC. It was cute, gender neutral, and $25. Also waterproof, since it was for hiking. Maybe look at Cabelas or Bass Pro? 

Otherwise, the most waterproof non baby looking bag I've owned is the JuJuBe backpack. Not in your budget at its regular price, but well worth the money. Babysteals has it frequently. In fact on the classified on there, I'm sure I saw a few for sale. 

• I just got a JuJuBe Be All and it's awesome!
    4.23.12 - BFP! EDD 1.3.12

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Whatever you choose, you have to make sure when youre around maple syrup bushes that the bag dosent get too sticky.

• imageKarmB:
    Whatever you choose, you have to make sure when youre around maple syrup bushes that the bag dosent get too sticky.

This. I have found my bag (Kokopax) to be great for maple syrup messes. It wipes up easily and doesn't stain. Maple syrup messes are one of those things they don't tell you about when you are pregnant and you end up finding out the hard way.

• You do not understand! A simple baby wipe will not help if you get lost in a canadian forest surrounded by Maple syrup Bushes!

• imageKarmB:
    You do not understand! A simple baby wipe will not help if you get lost in a canadian forest surrounded by Maple syrup Bushes!

THIS! The last time I got stranded in the Canadian outback, baby wipes were completely futile. My diaper bag, clothes, everything... I was so covered in syrup that DH had to make pancakes to wipe me off. But we ended up having breakfast for dinner, so it was a win.

• imageRTaylor12:

imageKarmB:
    You do not understand! A simple baby wipe will not help if you get lost in a canadian forest surrounded by Maple syrup Bushes!

THIS! The last time I got stranded in the Canadian outback, baby wipes were completely futile. My diaper bag, clothes, everything... I was so covered in syrup that DH had to make pancakes to wipe me off. But we ended up having breakfast for dinner, so it was a win.

Truth.  My Huggies wipes didn't work for sh!t when I got maple syrup on my bag when we were tapping the sap out of the maple syrup bushes on our vacay to Canada. 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I told you. We cannot forget Moose Spit. Its sticky because Moose eat Maple Syrup Bushes. i was in a Moose stampede once and My hair was horrible for about a month because of their Maple Syrup Bush Spit.

• imagelewispm:

imageKarmB:
    Whatever you choose, you have to make sure when youre around maple syrup bushes that the bag dosent get too sticky.

This. I have found my bag (Kokopax) to be great for maple syrup messes. It wipes up easily and doesn't stain. Maple syrup messes are one of those things they don't tell you about when you are pregnant and you end up finding out the hard way.

Of all the advice you get while pregnant, this is never covered. As if we need something else to be blindsided by...

Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • imagenellrose:
    Well, I am Canadian, so here is my advice. I carry a grocery bag around. It's wonderful really, waterproof, has handles, soft sided so its easy to squeeze in small spaces or past the moose, and if, on the chance you run into a maple syrup attack, very easy to replace without spending a fortune. Most stores charge about 5 cents for these bags, very reasonable.
    You can choose your design based on which store you go to, I personally like green so I go to Superstore, but there's a wide variety of styles elsewhere.

Brilliant!! I'm returning my mrs buttersworth brand diaper bag and doing what you are doing. Genius!

• You guys are hilarious :) But why didn't you respond on the july board (I posted on both boards) lol...seriously though I am a little worried about maple syrup and moose especially since I live so close to Canada!! I wonder if there's a moose and maple syrup repellent that will keep my diaper bag safe :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagegrimesk12:
    You guys are hilarious :) But why didn't you respond on the july board (I posted on both boards) lol...seriously though I am a little worried about maple syrup and moose especially since I live so close to Canada!! I wonder if there's a moose and maple syrup repellent that will keep my diaper bag safe :)

https://www.benmeadows.com/plantskydd-animal-repellent-soluble-powder-1-lb-_s_111480/?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=111480&cid=9OP001

You're welcome.

• moose are your friends!!! im offended

• Definitely JJB. Most are expensive but this one is $60 - on sale from $80.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I love the Reese Li bags. They are made in USA and most of them are laminated so they would be water resistant. The stroller straps are pretty cool too, and they don't have baby characters and crap on them. :)

https://reeseli.com/new/thumbs.asp?C=Lexington%20Baby%20Tote

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"