Delaware Babies

New mommies, talk to me about baby clothes

My sister is due in November and I want to get some stuff for my future niece.  I'm a little out of my element, though.  What are some good staples for her to have?  What sizes should I get?  Anything to avoid?  I need guidance!

TIA Smile

Re: New mommies, talk to me about baby clothes

• Larger sizes are great, but make sure they are seasonally appropriate.  My aunt bought M the cutest fleece sleeper, but it is a 6 months.  Even if she wore it early, it was still June.  Too hot for fleece.  I love the Gerber Sleep and Plays.  They have them at Walmart or Target.  You could get one pack for each size (0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12).  They are light weight and M sleeps in them at night now.

Kohls has their summer stuff on clearance.  You could get things in size 6 or 9 months. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageklm42404:

Larger sizes are great, but make sure they are seasonally appropriate.  My aunt bought M the cutest fleece sleeper, but it is a 6 months.  Even if she wore it early, it was still June.  Too hot for fleece.  I love the Gerber Sleep and Plays.  They have them at Walmart or Target.  You could get one pack for each size (0-3, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12).  They are light weight and M sleeps in them at night now.

Kohls has their summer stuff on clearance.  You could get things in size 6 or 9 months. 

great suggestions!

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with thinking about the seasons...with my first DS I had lots of 0-3 month stuff but ened up having to go get premie things after he was born because he was so small!

I love the little sleepers that are gowns, they are great for nights, you do not have to fight with snaps when you are trying to change them. Also, not clothing, but sleep sacks are awesome too...they come in newborn-XL, so check the size, go with newborn or small.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the info, ladies!
  • Isn't it crazy how clothing a child can get a little too complicated sometimes, especially when you're trying to buy for someone else's child? Ever wish there was an easier way? Well something is actually already in the works aimed towards helping anyone with a child in their life pick out the correct article of clothing on their first trip to store. Any parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. of children who are willing to share their thoughts on this, please click on the following link to participate in a survey: https://bit.ly/Pkl4uD. All results are confidential. Thank you for your support!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"