October 2011 Moms

Well that was easy. Job related.

I just got a new job, and I wasn't even looking. 

I've been working Part Time since June at the local grocery store to make up for gas money while I'm in school, Before that I was a SAHM, and we were making do on MH's pay, but cue in 30 extra miles a day on my car 5 days a week and I needed extra gas money to get to school and back. We were making do on what I was working but the schedule sucked, and 2-3 nights a week I wasn't home for suppertime/bath-time/bedtime.  

Today while at school I got a voicemail from someone I know at a local truck brokerage offering me a job doing accounts receivable from now until after year-end (January), and possibly after that, at 20-30 hours per week, for 2-4 dollars more an hour than I'm making now. PLUS they'll work around my school schedule and possibly increase my pay if I have to do daycare for Layla.  As of right now she'll only have to have a sitter outside of dad/grandparents one day a week, and my BFF said she'd do that for me, so it won't cost me much for daycare.   I'm excited about the opportunity. I will call them back tomorrow and officially accept the job and find out more logistics about it. I'm so excited this will allow me to be home every night, and be done work by 5, with no weekends unless I choose to work Saturday morning :) Yay!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Well that was easy. Job related.

• I love all the good news on this board! Congrats on the new job.
  • congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds wonderful! Congratulations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I went in and officially accepted the job today. I start on Monday, even though it's a holiday.  Unfortunately I upset my current boss because I can't work out my 2 week notice, and he already had me scheduled for next week, but he's pretty understanding and knows it's better for my family.  I'm super excited, and also super nervous, the office i'm going to be in is a huge cluster of desks and to walk through it seems like everyone stares at you, it's really really intimidating. I know most of them, so it'll be okay after a few days, but I'm still really nervous about Monday! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"