December 2011 Moms

Blog to book

I kept a blog about my emigration from Germany to the USA and I would like to make it into a book. I googled this and found a service called "blurb". Does anyone have experience with them and can share? Any other tips for printing a book from an existing blog? 

TIA! 

DS born 12/2011
DD born 03/2014

Re: Blog to book

• I don't have any recommendations but I would love to read your blog! Care to share?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No tips, but that's a blog / book I would love to read!  

Did I hear that you are already a published author?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you, EAMartin! I did go ahead and downloaded the software and am customizing it right now! I am glad the end result was good, makes me feel better about using them. 

KScheibe, edb, thank you. :-) Yes, I am a published author, that's right :-)

This blog was really only written for family to stay in the loop, since things were happening super fast and there were too many impressions to just share via e-mail with them. I think I'd like to keep it private for now. But I'll PM you if I ever decided to make it public! The book is really just meant to be a memory and documentation of how it all went down. I imagine myself sitting in a rocking chair on our front porch in 50 years or so and looking back, trying to remember how I got there ;-) 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Sounds like you already got started or finished on it but I LOVE Blurb. I make a new blog book each year as our family scrapbook. This was it has all my journaling in it already, not just pics of the year.

The one thing I do love about it is you can edit/create your own layouts and save them. I found that I used "my" layouts more then theirs and it helped fit everything I want better.

Good Luck

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
     AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • imagekevinsgrl:

Sounds like you already got started or finished on it but I LOVE Blurb. I make a new blog book each year as our family scrapbook. This was it has all my journaling in it already, not just pics of the year.

The one thing I do love about it is you can edit/create your own layouts and save them. I found that I used "my" layouts more then theirs and it helped fit everything I want better.

Good Luck

Thank you for your feedback! I just got done creating it yesterday and sent it off. I hope to be as happy as you with the end result! 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• so happy to hear that people like blurb... i have a couple ideas pinned on pinterest and they all used blurb. i need to get going on DS' book, there's a picture a day of him and then the letter i write to him each week.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • imageuncharch7:
    so happy to hear that people like blurb... i have a couple ideas pinned on pinterest and they all used blurb. i need to get going on DS' book, there's a picture a day of him and then the letter i write to him each week.

What a beautiful book that will be with the letters. I am sure he will treasure it forever.  

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• imageRicola:

imageuncharch7:
    so happy to hear that people like blurb... i have a couple ideas pinned on pinterest and they all used blurb. i need to get going on DS' book, there's a picture a day of him and then the letter i write to him each week.

What a beautiful book that will be with the letters. I am sure he will treasure it forever.  

Thanks! I hope one day he will treasure it... I worry about that with having a boy LOL I look at my husband and brother and they'd both roll their eyes at it and say I'm being a sap :)
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • I received my book today and it turned out really nice! 

They also sent along a 15% off code that is valid until November 3rd, so just let me know if one you would like it and I'll send it in a PM! :-) 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"