Natural Birth
Options

I DID it y'all! I really did it!!!!!!

After 2 days of prodromal labor starting on my EDD that made me feel a bit mentally unstable my active labor finally started and within an hour we headed to the hospital. My goal was to be at 6cm when we arrived. I was at 5cm and progressing so I was pretty pleased.

I thought my skeptical husband would be no help with my Hypnobabies skills, but I was dead wrong. He HAD been paying attention! He'd been studying the scripts without me knowing and pulled out all these amazing cues and techniques. I thought I'd be listening to all my tracks to stay calm and comfortable, but he was a million times better. He was truly my hero. The nurses and midwife were all blown away by how well we worked together. I think DH was pretty blown away by how well it all worked too.

6 hours after being admitted (felt more like 2 hours to me-thank you hypnosis) I pushed out a healthy baby boy! 8lbs and 21 inches. I am so amazed that I had a med free birth! No needles in my arms, free to move around as I pleased, up and around within an hour after he was born. Recovery has been a breeze. I had two small tears, but no swelling at all so my stitches have been comfy and not bad at all. I can't believe I went natural!

So stinkin' proud of my husband and myself...and of this sweet new little man. His name is Jacob and he is mild-mannered, calm and has a head full of dark hair - just the way he kept showing himself to me in dreams during my pregnancy. His big sister is pretty mesmerized by him too. :o)

Thank you for all the encouragement and support I found here to go for a med-free birth. You ladies were very helpful.

For all you Hypnobabies mamas out there...keep it up! It really does work! I am a serious wuss. If I can do it, you can too! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I DID it y'all! I really did it!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"