Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Snuza- not to be relied on in the swing?

Sorry I have posted a lot about the Snuza this week, but I just found this information- According to the Snuza website statement ( read below the bold) on FAQs about the Hero, it sounds like Snuza is NOT to be relied on in the swing when the swing is moving, likewise in the carseat when the car is moving, etc because Snuza detects all movement including external sources of movement-  Im a little disappointed because the main reason I bought the Snuza was I wanted to put it in the swing while the baby naps.

14. Can Hero travel?
Yes, this is what separates it from other monitors. As Hero requires no mains power, wires or cords (it is battery operated) it can go anywhere and everywhere you and your baby go. Please note:- Hero monitors detect all movement, including those from external sources such as a moving vehicle, pram, etc. Hero should only be relied upon when there is NO external movement present, ie when the vehicle, pram, carrycot, etc is stationery.

While I think Ill keep the Snuza and use it for when we travel to Grandmas, naps on a still surface, etc, I was really hoping for a peace of mind while she naps in the swing...did others know about this?  Do you use it in the swing anyways?  Or, how do you ensure the baby is safe and breathing in the swing?  TIA.

Re: Snuza- not to be relied on in the swing?

• Options
    obsessed much?  I'm sure your baby will be just fine.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options

imagesingingirl96:
    obsessed much?  I'm sure your baby will be just fine.

i think as a FTM Im never going to stop worrying haha. The idea of SID does scare me a little (who isnt?) and with a baby who naps all day in the swing I wish I had something that would reassure me while she naps there. Thats all. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTwinklestar7:
    how do you ensure the baby is safe and breathing in the swing?nbsp; TIA.

You check on LO. Where are you while baby is napping in the swing? Even if out of the room, I'm sure checking in ever so often wouldn't be a hassle. Try moving the swing where you are, or to a central location so you can glance over throughout the naps. How old is your baby? Can they roll over yet? Do you buckle them in the swing? Unless LO turns themselves completely on their belly while in the swing it would be hard for them to get smothered. Don't worry yourself too much.
  • Options

Unless Im in the bathroom, Im always in the same room with the baby and I do check her often though, sometimes I feel its hard to see her breathing because the movements are so small and the swing is in motion plus also its a little noisy.   My baby is almost 3 months.   Thank you for your advice.   (I'll try to worry less.)  :) 

• Options
    A little trick to detect movement: put a little toy like a beanie baby on her stomach.  When she breathes it will move and be easier to see. 
    chasechristmas

Chase Matthew born at 35 weeks on July 31st

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

imagedownwardsunshine:
    A little trick to detect movement: put a little toy like a beanie baby on her stomach.  When she breathes it will move and be easier to see. 

Thanks for your tip! I will have to try that next time. :)

• Options
    I would never rely on a monitor when my baby was in a swing anyway. Just keep an eye on them when they are in there, geez.

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options

imagerels09:
    I would never rely on a monitor when my baby was in a swing anyway. Just keep an eye on them when they are in there, geez.

No need for "geez"...Im one of those first time paranoid parents who is always constantly checking on my baby.  ;)   But I agree with you, the monitor can NOT be relied on in the swing, which is the whole point of this post. I was disappointed when I realized that, and wanted to know other ways to ensure my baby is safe while she is in there.   :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"