March 2012 Moms

Awesome article

I need to remember this more often.  I am constantly jumping out of pictures with my daughter because I haven't done my hair and have no makeup on. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html

Re: Awesome article

• My problem is that I'm always the one taking the pictures! My husband has no patient for pictures so rather than waiting for the baby to look at the camera, he just takes one and moves on so the few that I'm in with the baby, he's just kind of drifting off. There's no effort. Like this could've been cute if Alexander was looking at the camera!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Haha, eye nigh, same here. DH doesn't think, "Hey, my wife and the baby are playing. Maybe I should fire up the camera and take some pics"
  • imagelisadfox:
    Haha, eye nigh, same here. DH doesn't think, "Hey, my wife and the baby are playing. Maybe I should fire up the camera and take some pics"

My husband is the same way!  He hates having his picture taken so it doesn't ever occur to him to take my picture (thank goodness for DS because, otherwise, I'd NEVER, get any photos of my husband).  Every time my mom comes over, I ask her to try to get photos of me with DS . . .  but, from like waist up - even though I want the pictures, I don't want to capture for all eternity all the baby weight I still have to lose.  So, this article was an awesome eye opener  - thanks for sharing it!  I need to get over feeling self conscious and capture every moment I can with my little man!

• Wow, what a great article. Thanks for posting, I'm definitely guilty of this, I don't think I have more than 5 pictures of me and LO together. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very sweet, I will definitely ask DH to take more pics of us. I have quite a few from when he was NB but not many lately n
  • Same deal here. I honestly couldn't give a crap if my hair and make-up are done as I rarely wear make-up anyway. But DH isn't one to think about the camera like most of your DHs. There are very few pics of DD and me. We're going apple picking this weekend weather permitting and I plan on making DH take the camera for awhile.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Good article, thanks for posting. I am definitely guilty of this. I wish when I had my daughter there were some pictures of us. Everyone else took pictures with her but me. I hesitant after my MIL said, "if I were you I would wait on the pictures because you look horrible. I wouldn't want my daughter to see me like that." Well duh, I just had a baby, a blood vessel poppped in my face while I was pushing! My goal is more pictures with DD!
  • imagekaleb87:
    Good article, thanks for posting. I am definitely guilty of this. I wish when I had my daughter there were some pictures of us. Everyone else took pictures with her but me. I hesitant after my MIL said, "if I were you I would wait on the pictures because you look horrible. I wouldn't want my daughter to see me like that." Well duh, I just had a baby, a blood vessel poppped in my face while I was pushing! My goal is more pictures with DD!

MILs!!  That's terrible.  I'm so sorry to hear this :( 

• imageeyenigh:

My problem is that I'm always the one taking the pictures!

This!  I can't get daddy to hold the camera AT ALL!  I hardly have any pics of us when he was a newborn, I'm getting a few more now because more people are visiting now that he's healthier. I'm actually quite pissed that I only have about 5 pictures of us together.

• Wow thought it was just my hubby. I only have one of me preggos and its one a coworker took for me. Maybe a couple me n baby when i ask!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"