March 2012 Moms
Options

Lurker, always vocal or a little of both

When we first found out we were expecting I lurked on the March 2012 board all the time. I guess the hormones gave be a bit of bravery and I started posting around the 3rd trimester and now I am addicted to TB. I have noticed a lot of people have left us!

When you were expecting were you vocal, a lurker or a little of both?

Now that you have a baby are you vocal, a lurker or a little of both?

Re: Lurker, always vocal or a little of both

• Options
    During my pregnancy I lurked. I lurked because I had two previous losses, so I was to nervous to post a lot. Also, it was always so busy, I didn't really like that. I feel like now people feel a little more real and relateable since it is most of the same people posting. I don't know it that makes sense??

However, since my DD was born I have come out of my shell and posted a little more, well when I am able, which is normally nap time for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I lurked during my pregnancy, too. Now that I'm a SAHM, I really enjoy some pseudo adult conversation and getting/giving advice on here. 

I also appreciate posts that make me feel like I am not alone.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekaleb87:
    it was always so busy, I didn't really like that. I feel like now people feel a little more real and relateable since it is most of the same people posting.

I feel the same way.  

• Options

I was a very active member throughout my pregnancy and then I migrated over to FB after she arrived. 

Since she's been here I've been more of a lurker, but I'll probably be around more now because TB is much more convenient than FB at work.

Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options
    I was never a true lurker but go through phases of posting a lot and then not hardly at all.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    I didn't post alot. I did do an intro and posted occasionally. After LO was born I became more vocal.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I lurked through my pregnancy. I learned a ton from other people. I try to post now but sometimes I really don't have much to say or someone already asked it and I don't want to be the 60th person to say "My baby just turned 4 months and is suddenly waking up at night! Advice???" 

I actually prefer the board a little more quiet. Sometimes when there were "too many fishies in the pond" I think some of the responses to silly questions turned into major flame sessions for no reason. That's not to say the people who "left" were drama, but it just seemed like the more responses to the post the more likely someone was going to say something ridiculous and get everyone all riled up. 

• Options
    I go through bursts of being active, lurking and nothing at all. It mostly depends on how busy/engaged I am at work, if I am traveling, or if someone is visiting us. I've been this way since I joined the knot way back when. I wish the board was a little more active but I hated when I couldn't keep up with who was who and that it got pretty dramatic at times. I have enough drama in my personal life.. I don't need more here.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Was vocal on the infertility board while ttc, then during pregnancy and now since my son came. My problem is I post all the time, then I disappear if I get really slammed with work and outside of work events. I love reading all the posts though!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Active-ish during pregnancy. Got away from it to FB so now I'm a pretty hardcore lurker. But I still keep up and comment occasionally.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Either way it goes March mommas are awesome! My LO was born late March and you all give me great advice. Thanks so much to everyone who stuck with us, those who lurk the ones that paved the way!
  • Options
    I think I started posting about a month after I found out I was pregnant.  I was lurking and wanted to wait to post until after 3 months, but took a chance and started posting earlier.  I felt like I posted pretty frequently, but because the board moved so quickly before it didn't seem that way.  Now I think it seems like I post more, but in reality the board is just slower.  I feel like I post the same amount as I did before, but I was also working before so maybe I do post more now.  Wow, can I say the word "post" any more than I did in that paragraph?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

While I was pregnant I was definitely vocal, though I did have spells where I would lurk for a few weeks at a time.

Now that I've had little man I'm definitely a little of both.  When I find the time to hop on I try and reply but much of the time others have already said what I would so I don't bother repeating them.

• Options
    I do have to say the March 2012 board was sooooo much better to be on then the TTC board. People got flamed daily and I was afraid to ask anything there. And mention BF on that board...was a hot mess!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    I lurked a lot while pregnant. I am more vocal now. I guess I have grown more of a back bone since becoming a mom.
    photo dff9bed9-7fbe-40aa-8c84-b6edd300a153_zps405bb8c9.jpg
  • Options

i think i have always been vocal....but to be honest. I always feel uncomfortable posting. Some people can be snarky and with the stress of life, work, family etc...that last thing I need or want with my hormones is something else to bring me down.

I will say that you ladies add so much support to my life. As strange as that is because I dont know any of you, I am able to connect with you on my level that fills the void of being away from everyone in a semi-new state.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I was so sick during my pregnancy, all I could do was read. The typing honestly made me more nauseous so I just lurked and read. I was pretty busy when he first came but once I started hitting the groove of things, I started commenting and posting more. It was right around the time that everyone kind of defected for Facebook, which worked out fine since I think these kind of boards are a lot more manageable with fewer people.

• Options
    I was a sort of active member throughout pregnancy and then I migrated over to FB after A arrived. 

Since she's been here I've been more of a lurker.  Especially since I no longer have the time to be on the computer much anymore.  I often get partially through a response and then can't be at the computer anymore and end up not posting...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I post a bit more now than I did while PG. I've always felt more comfortable in smaller groups, so maybe that's why. I do miss some of the former regs, though, especially those that were on TTGP the same time I was.
  • Options

imagerocknrollfriend:
    I post a bit more now than I did while PG. I've always felt more comfortable in smaller groups, so maybe that's why. I do miss some of the former regs, though, especially those that were on TTGP the same time I was.

I remember you from TTGP.  Smile

Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Options
    I've always been really shy and quiet ..Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"