Nurseries and Baby Gear

video baby monitors - which one?

My husband and I are busy researching baby monitors. When we were looking in the store the sumer infant looked like a good one but when we got home and read the reviews on it, a lot of people were saying theirs broke in the first couple of months.

We have been looking online and are thinking of getting this one. https://www.amazon.com/Infant-Optics-Digital-Monitor-Vision/dp/B0052QYLUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349005272&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+monitor

It is not a name brand and a lot cheaper than others but has good reveiws. Has anyone used this one before? 

Can anyone reccommend me a monitor?

Or do you know one to stay away from?

Thanks 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: video baby monitors - which one?

• We have the Motorola MBP36 and absolutely love it.  We splurged on it, but it is one of our most used (and favorite) baby items.  The video quality, range, etc is amazing on it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The iBaby monitor is the only one we've used.  We love it, but don't really know anything about the other brands.  DH works for Apple, and this is the one they all use there.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the summer infant and love it. We've used it since we brought the LO home. When we researched it I was a little concerned but someone purchased it for our shower even though we hadn't registered for one. I thought what the heck, gave it a try and so far so good.
  • Ditto the Motorola 3.5" screen monitor... I haven't heard great things about any other brand, they all seem hit or miss.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH just bought us a Foscam for about $50 from an electronics website. It's basically an ip webcam that he's hooked up to run off our wifi at home. We're able to view the feed from work in a web browser or our iPhones and iPad. We can even pan around the room. You have to be fairly tech savvy to set it up, but you can even hook up more than one for different room feeds. So much cheaper than a standard baby monitor. Right now we're having a blast monitoring what our dog does at home while we're away :D
  • I think your best bet is the midsize motorola. There is one with a bigger screen but it is too pricey IMO.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have the Summer Infant monitor - love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"