May 2013 Moms

Thanksgiving!!

Any other Canadians on here looking forward to thanksgiving this weekend!?!?

Americans...do you guy have a holiday Monday too?

Re: Thanksgiving!!

• It's Columbus Day here on Monday. Which means no mail or banking transactions.  Nothing else fabulous. :(
    BabyName Ticker
  • imageslweaver0626:
    It's Columbus Day here on Monday. Which means no mail or banking transactions.  Nothing else fabulous. :(

I hate Columbus Day, the federal gov shuts down so the commuter options to get to work in DC are very limited, yet I still have to work.

Blah!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Luckily we have Columbus day and that means I'm off work! Holiday weekend for me :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • No holiday for us! BTW, a lot of banks are open on columbus day now!
  • I work at a bank so a paid holiday for me! Big Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I work at a University in Ohio and we work... boo... wish we had it off... but we get 2 weeks at Christmas time :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aww, I am sorry your commute is limited.  I work for the schools in Arlington, so I am looking forward to Monday off and no commute!  I have been sooooo exhausted and I feel like knowing I have Monday is the only thing getting me through right now.
  • The City I work for doesn't believe in Columbus apparently, I'll still be working Monday.

Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I say we boycott and sit home and eat Thanksgiving type foods. I know I could go for some stuffing and gravy!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Will you be telling your family at Thanksgiving?
    Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageslweaver0626:
    I say we boycott and sit home and eat Thanksgiving type foods. I know I could go for some stuffing and gravy!

This^ Mmm...cranberry sauce!

Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am looking forward to Thanksgiving so much!! I love the food. We will go to an apple farm on Saturday and get lots of fresh apples for baking and apple cider for our Thanksgiving meal.

I am also looking forward to the holiday. I love long weekends. :)

EDIT I am lucky because although I haven't been craving lots of food I am craving the turkey dressing and veggies. Hopefully when the day comes I'm still in the mood.

• We're having Thanksgiving lunch with my family on Monday (dinners tend to cut too late into bedtime for LO#1) including some relatives from OOT that I haven't seen in a few years. Really excited about that. I'd love to tell them but then again, I'm also enjoying have a secret for a while longer (just don't want everyone to fuss all over me yet). Hoping M/S holds off for a while longer so I can actually enjoy the food Smile

image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • I am most definitely looking forward to thanksgiving. Dinner is on Monday at DH's grandmas. I am also thankful for a three day weekend. It's been a very long week so far.
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Have a happy Thanksgiving, Canadians!    It's my favorite holiday, but I've got awhile to wait for ours. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagelliggins00:
    Luckily we have Columbus day and that means I'm off work! Holiday weekend for me :)

Me too! I love working in the public sector haha I never had this day off in the past.

TTC since Sept 2010 SA done March 2012-All good! Started Clomid April 2012 4th round of Clomid-BFP 8/21!!! Beta#1 8/22(11dpo)-31 Beta#2 8/24(13dpo)-88 Beta#3 8/27(16dpo)-395!! First U/S 9/24-HB 169 2nd U/S 10/22-Looking good! :)BabyName Ticker
  • Hi lia!! That is my daughters name, so cool to see another Lia spelled that way :) we get so many compliments !! 

Just wanted to tell ya that !! 

• Work for me No blah. I work at a college so I will be envying all the people that have the day off.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker mybb image BabyName Ticker
  • I still have to teach Monday, although it is a short day for the kiddo's... That just means more meetings for us teachers. Sad.
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Yay Thanksgiving!! We have dinners on Sat and Sunday. I'm making a turkey for us next weekend. I've been dreaming about the stuffing and pie!!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Canadian over here as well! So excited not only for the delicious feast, but also because we'll be announcing to our families this weekend!

We have dinner with my side on Sunday, and DH's on Monday.
  • imageprego760:

The City I work for doesn't believe in Columbus apparently, I'll still be working Monday.

Ditto. Just a regular old Monday. 

• I love Columbus Day because it's a day off for me....
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"