Food Allergy

Feeling frustrated...

DS was diagnosed MSPI at 2 months. He is one of the unlucky ones that was so severe he still has it and is almost 3. We have never even attempted to reintroduce because it is so painful to watch when he has an accidental exposure. Its been quite a while since we have had any issues so I was finally feeling like maybe I would try and reintroduce dairy or soy after his bday.

Then a couple days ago I bought him some Enjoy Life Plentils Dill & Sour Cream chips. They are free of the top 8 allergens. Here are the ingredients: Lentil Powder, Potato Starch, Safflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Salt, Dextrose, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Distilled Vinegar, Dehydrated Parsley, Spice, Garlic Powder, Natural Flavors, Sunflower Oil, Turmeric

He broke out in a couple hives after. Really? I have no idea what caused the hives and now I am feeling discouraged about the idea of reintroducing dairy or soy. I'm just so frustrated. Any thoughts?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: Feeling frustrated...

• It could be anything in those chips. Are any of those items new to him? That sounds like an allergic reaction as opposed to the intolerance he has for dairy/soy, which isn't ige mediated like allergies are. Doesn't have to be top 8... My DS is allergic to sesame for example. Maybe the lentils?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I know.. we've had him allergy tested 3 times and has only been positive once for walnuts. I am curious about the lentils though... can't remember if he has had them before.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • Have you considered it to be the sunflower oil? Has your LO had nuts/peanuts/seeds?

DS is allergic to sesame and we were told to stay away from sunflower oil until we get his allergy testing done.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I've read that anything with "natural flavors" on the label may contain hidden dairy. That might be the cause?

• Lentils are legumes...so a distant cousin of the peanut. It's weird but my kid is allergic to peanuts and can eat peas....but when we've tried lentils it's been bad....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"