Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Cute lunch check-in

I saw an idea to do color-coordinated lunches on the blog anotherlunch.com, so we're doing it, too. DD has really enjoyed brainstorming for ideas with me. It's been so fun! This week was red through blue. Next week we'll do pink, purple, brown, and black/white. It's a little embarrassing that we have lunch boxes in each of those colors, though!

Red! This is a sandwich box from my grocery store, and as you see it can fit a lot of food if it's packed properly. Bento for everyone, lol! There are strawberries with a homemade pick (masking tape, a toothpick and a Sharpie!). On the right is a halved/stacked English muffin pizza (with sushi grass between the layers to keep it from sticking). I made a few of these and froze them, and I'll take them out some day when I need a quick main dish. There's also tomatoes and grapes in a silicone, and a container of dried cherries.

Orange! This lunch has peaches, cheese "puzzle" sandwiches, Scrabble crackers, cashews and a few mini M&Ms. The top layer holds halved baby carrots and there's a side container with a dried mango - DD's favorite (and mine).

Yellow! This was kind of a hodge podge mess. Insulated container of mac & cheese plus a container with yellow tomatoes, a slice of underripe star fruit and some Wheat Thins. There's also a container of applesauce and some pineapple juice.

Green! On left are three mini frog sandwiches all cut from a Sandwich Thin using a bear cutter. There's also a minty treat, Snapea crisps, raisin "flies," and a few of the baby's mini spinach rice cakes. On the right are grapes, cucumbers and snap peas.

Blue! I made a big batch of rainbow pancakes and froze them, so I pulled the blue pancakes from the freezer. The eyes are cheese/sprinkles and the cookie mouth is ice cream topping cookies glued on with cream cheese. To the right are blueberry yogurt pretzels and some bacon. On the bottom are blueberries and black grapes, plus a container of syrup (unopened). I found the Cookie Monster container at my grocery store, and he's filled with snap peas, plus a milk box that happened to be blue. This was my favorite! Also, this box was purchased at Old Navy. Again, bento for everyone!

Have a great week everyone! PIP your cute lunches here! And if you're not into cute lunches, just try making a week of rainbows!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cute lunch check-in

• Options

Love your color lunches!

I forgot to take a pic of a great lunch this week... I can't remember all of it but I made kabobs with cheese, cherry tomatoes, and peppers. It was a hit.

Today's lunch: Greek yogurt in the container, a fruit salad of pineapple and oranges, and a cereal bar. There is a small container of raspberries under the bar. DS's teacher sent a note home saying "less is more". Because he takes SOOO long to eat she suggests less options. So less it is, but still a little fun. Side note, when I get my pictures developed I get the index with little pics and I have been making fun notes for him with those pictures. He LOVES them!

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"